Sundown Audio

Shocker SA4kw "4K" amp pics and internals

hispls

Don't mind the mess. Been thinking about owning one of these since they came out, finally got around to making it happen. Amp is too wide for my old amp rack (39.5") and all I've got for power cable is 8 runs of 4 gauge that used to feed my old amps. It's getting proper cold here lately and it was snowing a little today so even after new batteries and 00 cable arrive it may be a bit before I can get things tightened up and to a point where I'm comfortable really trying to see what it can do.

IMG_1608_zps9yqhlpku.jpg

You guys think this'll make rated power?

IMG_1609_zpswn4nbcd5_1.jpg

IMG_1605_zpsvmklrqqo.jpg

IMG_1604_zpskwdlbgji.jpg

IMG_1603_zpszvv78oq9.jpg

IMG_1597_zpsfbroi3py.jpg

IMG_1594_zps4mr6gtoj.jpg

yeah most likely if not a little more. 4k board with dual inputs is kinda uncommon, well the Crossfire "4k" is the exception, but it has triple inputs. Sundown's 3500D and SCV4k's dont even have dual inputs.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

yeah most likely if not a little more. 4k board with dual inputs is kinda uncommon, well the Crossfire "4k" is the exception, but it has triple inputs. Sundown's 3500D and SCV4k's dont even have dual inputs.

LOL. You realize this is larger than the Crossfire 8K right?

did not even make the connection on the dimensions at all.

but the dual inputs still has me crossed up!

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

did not even make the connection on the dimensions at all.

but the dual inputs still has me crossed up!

Not sure why he opted for that besides keeping all terminals on the same end? I plan to have batteries very close and use 00 gauge so I doubt that'll be a bottleneck and if it's an issue that's why Toolmaker is there..

That's the most over built 4k I've ever seen, lol.

So what is it really, a 10k?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Crossfire 8k???? That's longer than my TFE Lol

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Looks Zenon built.

Really similar but updated layout to the old Team Cactus 7kw's and the Atomic 7000.1s.

Indeed looks like almost the same layout/construction just scaled up. That's encouraging because both of those are very solid. They've been around a couple few years now and the only ones that have blown up are from gross abuse

That's the most over built 4k I've ever seen, lol.

So what is it really, a 10k?

Mike explained the logic of his ratings but I can't recall under what conditions. Once I et some proper electrical on this I'll at least take some voltage measurements and update.

I will say that buildhouse numbers get pretty wild at .5 ohm and 18V. Dunno if I'll ever dare trying to push my luck to try for myself as I'd have to start at .18 to get to .6 or so at my peak. Repairs on amps this size aren't cheap and I definitely don't want to blow it up right yet.

Archived