Jhunt94's 2016 Mustang GT

Around the beginning of January I became the owner of a 2016 Mustang GT Premium with the performance package. The car pretty much stayed stock for about two months and I began to come up with some plans for it. As of right now there are no audio upgrades, but I'm sure that will change in the future.

This is how she looked when I got her, I went and picked up the car the day it came into the dealership

IMAG0128_zpsbhym0fjj.jpgIMAG0126_zps2gjl7xom.jpg

First things first, decided that the stock exhaust was way too quiet for my liking so with the help of Lethal Performance I bought a 3" Borla ATAK cat-back exhaust, and Stainless works offroad headers. (the cats are deleted on this car) Unfortunately I don't have any pictures from the underside of the car when I put them on. The car sounds amazing, to me at least, most people complain about it because it is ridiculously loud. I have yet to meet someone with a newer mustang as loud as this one.

IMAG0136_zps5zp62jiz.jpg

IMAG0135_zpsbxq5ifwv.jpg

From the first picture you can see that my lower bumper DRL's are just my blinkers, and they stay on all the time. IMO it looks horrible so I bought a set of Diode Dynamics switchback led's. When just used as DRL's the lights are a bright white, but when you bump the turn signal, the lights will change to amber.

IMAG0171_zpsjfv3xkka.jpg

There's two upgrades in this picture, the main one is the JLT Cold Air Intake which is color matched to the car (magnetic metallic). From doing a little bit of research it seems that the JLT is one of the best CAI's for this car, and being able to have it color matched is just an added bonus. Also in this picture, you may notice that the car has hood struts, which mustangs do not come with for some reason. I bought a set of Ford Performance struts to delete the ugly hood prop on the car.

IMAG0201_zpsnbxq4msh.jpg

I ordered a smoke tint kit from American Muscle to smoke out all of the lights on the car, this picture is just of the rear, but you'll be able to see the front in later photos. Putting the tint on the tri bar taillights of this car was a real pain in the @$$, but the result is definitely worth it IMO

IMAG0252_zpsiosaqhw1.jpg

I've always wanted a bagged vehicle, and when I found this kit for my car for a $1,000 off on Black Friday, I just knew I couldn't pass it up. It's the Airlift Autopilot V2 kit. For right now it's a good starter kit, but later on I may upgrade the controller to the 3H kit which is height based and not pressure based.

IMAG0244_zpsek1x3oly.jpg

Here is a picture of the rear air springs and rear shocks, after doing a little bit of assembly on the springs.

IMAG0248_zpsqcc3ukv9.jpg

Started the install by removing all of the trunk liners/panels. I really love that one scrap of factory sound deadener in the spare tire well lol I'm definitely going to end up putting some real sound deadener here later on.

IMAG0253_zpsz8xgdcmb.jpg

After a bunch of cussing, I got the air tank mounted where I wanted it. I mounted it like this so that I would be able to use as much of the trunk space as possible, when I am going on a trip or having to carry something in the trunk.

IMAG0254_zpsobxj0ll2.jpg

Mounted the air compressor above the driver side wheel well. There was a little shelf that just looked like a compressor should go there lol. When the trunk liner is replaced, you will not be able to see the compressor.

IMAG0255_zpstcunmqoz.jpg

Removing the rear springs from an IRS system is the biggest pain in the @$$! Took quite a bit of cussing and grunting to get them out, without totally dropping the IRS subframe. Got the new air springs in, which was very easy to do.

IMAG0256_zpsdz8eoac8.jpg

Moving up to the front, the stock struts were very easy to remove, and then replace with the new ones.

IMAG0257_zpswwykwkrx.jpg

The car definitely sits a lot lower now, and I love it!

IMAG0258_zpsyozgvwvo.jpg

I'm very please with the end result. I just love how the car looks when it is aired out, just looks more aggressive. You can see in this picture where I also smoked the headlights.

IMG_20161211_172412_zpsimojjvzd.jpg

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Holy fuck that last pic.....................definitely a great transformation! Love the stuff you did. Me personally I would have been nervous doing those bags but that end result...............

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Thanks lol that's definitely one of my problems, I'm not afraid to tackle something, and I like doing stuff myself

250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Probably the same time you coyote swap the zo6 :lol:

250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Probably the same time you coyote swap the zo6 :lol:

Touche'

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

No push rods in that 5.0 , that's a real motor about time we see some fords here

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived