Need help getting back in the game...

So, its been a while for me. 5 years or more, since I had any aftermarket audio on a vehicle. But it seems I got the fever back again. In the past, I would always use Torres Box Tuner when trying to figure out what the best setup is. Is that still the accepted norm? Or is there any new software that outperforms the old software?

I bought a dakota extended cab earlier this year for a steal, and finally got it up and running. Just an old truck, so looking to do 2 subs, around 2k watts, decent head unit, and couple of mids and highs. Prolly FI for the subs, AQ (now known as soundquebed i believe) for the amp, AQ mid driver and tweets in the doors, and most likely an alpine single din. Pic is of the truck I've purchased. Also, any tips from people with experience on extended cabs. I did build a similar setup in an ext-cab S10 back in the 90's.

12729111_10206924545969350_5110156582433

mivtCK.png

I use torres, as do many others on the forum still. If you're willing to pay, there's other software that is better and has more options than just plugging in numbers to see volume and tuning, and a cut sheet. But unless you're building enclosures very regularly, there's no need for anything more than torres in my opinion.

I hope you post the build log here for us to enjoy :)

I use torres, as do many others on the forum still. If you're willing to pay, there's other software that is better and has more options than just plugging in numbers to see volume and tuning, and a cut sheet. But unless you're building enclosures very regularly, there's no need for anything more than torres in my opinion.

I hope you post the build log here for us to enjoy :)

I definitely will be posting a build log. It may take a bit to get going, but after the holidays I am jumping in head first.

My lineup is:

Term-pro software - $$$$

BassBox Pro - $$$$

WinISD - Free

Hornresp - Free (great for horns)

Cutlist Plus - $$$ but limited free trial (great for minimizing waste)

BoxNotes - Free (great for panel resonance and bracing)

Thanks...will definitely look into the free ones. I don't do enough of car audio anymore to justify spending money, so free is always good.

mivtCK.png

Archived