Sonic Electronix

Ear Bud's - Partial Review and discussion

Three more contenders showed up on my door step today. I think you will be surprise with the results. Just so you know I tried at least 10 tracks which include Rock,Rap,Metal, Pop and country.

Airsspu Earphone - To be honest I thought these were the exact same as the KZ ATE KZ-ATE because the packaging was identical and they look the same other then the stamp on the side. That is where there similarities end. The Airsspu Earphone sounded really well through all ranges the sub bass had a good presents but not strong. Mid bass was good and blended well with the treble. When playing several tracks the low end extension did really well with out distorting. The only distortion I could audible hear was with the song Crazy Bitch by Buck cherry when I had volume all the way up. When you drop it a couple notches it will go away.

Rock Earphones - I was not impressed with these at all. They do not get loud and they are very flat sounding. No low end or mid bass and made the tracks sound tinny. They were clear all the way up but that is not saying much since they did not get loud at all.

Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H3 - The most expensive ear buds out of the bunch and probably the biggest disappointment. When you spend 5x-10x the cost of the other ear buds in the group you expect a premium experience but that was not the case. They did sound clean and balanced up to about 3/4 volume anything past that and it was distortion city. sub bass sounded good, Mid bass and treble blended well but was just unimpressive to me. I could not in good conscience recommend these at this price point or even 1/4 the cost when there is better out there.

I am still waiting on the JVC HA-FX1X

As of right now if I was to put them in order from best to worst it would be in this order. I will give a final list when I get a chance to review the JVC's

1st place: $27.27 Sony MDRXB50AP

2nd place: $14.99 Airsspu Earphone

3rd place: $12.80 KZ ATE KZ-ATE

4th place: $149.00 Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H3

5th place: $9.28 Panasonic ErgoFit RP-HJE120-K

6th place: $19.99 Rock Earphones

Purchased a pair of these and damn they sound really good, they remind me of the "Sennheiser HD212 Pro" that i have.

Hotdog, if you haven't got a set to try out in your test, it would be sweet to see what you think of them compared to the others if you do get some.

I honestly was not expecting the bass these have as i didn't think the sennheisers would have before my purchase of those +10 years ago.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived