Second Skin Audio

Enclosure Designer Needed

whazoo84

I want to run two Orion XTRPRO1522 15" subs.

Problem is my max dimensions, which are: 36" WIDE, 30" LONG, 17" TALL.

More than enough airspace, not enough port area. I need to maintain the 36" wide because I need extra batteries beside the box, or else I'd make it get wider.

If anyone's willing to sit down with me and design one for my needs, I'd happily pay if you offer services like that, or can I be redirected to a place that does do that?

Thanks, all help appreciated.

What vehicle is this going in and what amp will you be using?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

2003 Buick Century Custom

1 or 2 Soundstream T1.6000DL amps.

So from 2500-5000w.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

More than enough airspace, not enough port area. I need to maintain the 36" wide because I need extra batteries beside the box, or else I'd make it get wider.

If anyone's willing to sit down with me and design one for my needs, I'd happily pay if you offer services like that, or can I be redirected to a place that does do that?

You don't have to give up width of your baffle if you are willing do your box a little more complex than plain rectangular, like this for example:

width.jpg

You don't have to give up width of your baffle if you are willing do your box a little more complex than plain rectangular, like this for example:

width.jpg

Yeah I could do that, but I might lose space to put batteries then.

I know a design like that would work, just getting batteries for the amplifiers is the problem. I know I can fit a D3400 in the engine bay, but I'd like to have two more after that.

If you're up for designing a box, could you shoot me a PM some time?

The enclosure that Joe has shown will allow you to place batteries in the recesses at the rear that are shown; one on each side.

Archived