XS Power

To start this thread off this is not a bashing thread. I bought my xs15k knowing I was a Guinie pig. I also have 4 kinetik group 31s and a d4800 and a deka under the hood. I have 4 h/o alternators with 5 runs. Well my voltage sucks. So I called Xs power and they told me today 11.8 is good voltage and that the lithiums perform best under 12 volts. Long story short Amps are rated at 14.4 and not 11.8 and I need my Power I'm currently running 2 sundown 6ks and I decided today I will be selling all my batts and switching brands. To see how voltage improves.

I can't compare apples and apples but I originally had same amps 10 kinetik batteries and a D.C. Alt and I had way better voltage then with the 4alts and the lithium.

One setup was n a sonata other was n a Tahoe u can look up my build logs n see set ups if u like

Edited by bigp88

What size alts? Maybe you could check them to see if you have one or more going out?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

With all that electrical how can your voltage still suck... Everything you listed is currently installed?! Rated RMS you are at 12k and you have 4 alts AND all those batteries and you see in the 11's?! Ok, so, please disconnect all batteries no matter how much of a pain it is and see if you have a dead battery...or 3

Maybe when you sell off, get rid of, trade, all those batteries you try out some ultracapacitors/super caps since you don't mind being a guinea pig (even though they are proven and have been out for a while now) and I would be willing to bet your voltage isn't so bad.

Lets start at the beginning....Do you use clean music? Are you clipping the shit out of something? (thus really stressing/draining the electrical)

When you see in the 11's are you playing idle or driving? full tilt and letting it dig and dig? then i could see you maybe seeing 11's if the alts aren't keeping up. Are the amps at 0.5 ohms or lower?

Don't give up on lithium yet

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

With all that electrical how can your voltage still suck... Everything you listed is currently installed?! Rated RMS you are at 12k and you have 4 alts AND all those batteries and you see in the 11's?! Ok, so, please disconnect all batteries no matter how much of a pain it is and see if you have a dead battery...or 3

Maybe when you sell off, get rid of, trade, all those batteries you try out some ultracapacitors/super caps since you don't mind being a guinea pig (even though they are proven and have been out for a while now) and I would be willing to bet your voltage isn't so bad.

Lets start at the beginning....Do you use clean music? Are you clipping the shit out of something? (thus really stressing/draining the electrical)

When you see in the 11's are you playing idle or driving? full tilt and letting it dig and dig? then i could see you maybe seeing 11's if the alts aren't keeping up. Are the amps at 0.5 ohms or lower?

Don't give up on lithium yet

that's my plan I'm getting each batt and alt individually tested.. I originally had 2 irragis n one caught fire I wouldn't be to surprised if the other one was on its way out also. I just had its regulator replaced. Ima also try stepping it up to 2 runs per alt

Seems odd. Dude in nevada runs 2 sundown 6ks, wired LOW, on one alt, with a OK bank. Dips to like 11's on monster burps.

Where are you wired at on the boards? For 12k, the 2 mechmans should keep you around battery rest,.... your reserve isnt the problem.....imho.

Unless your wired into the dirt. You have something else going on.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1