Batteries or alternators?

I'm trying to make my electrical even more solid. I've got a hell of a power hungry amp (T2500-1bdcp). As of now I've got a Mechman 270 amp alternator and an XS Power D3400 under the hood. Would it be better to do dual alternators or should I get a few D3100s? Thanks, guys!

I ran a BDCP at .5, with a singer 225 alt, yellowtop up front and d3100 in the rear. If i saw low 12's, it was almost never.

WoW, dude! Really? I heard these things go up in smoke at .5 ohm. Lol. But yeah idk, mine goes below 12 volts often. I actually saw it hit 10 today.

A battery in the back will help it a lot more than another alt at this point. The battery can give power to the amp faster than the regulator inside the alt can switch on.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

And I had a rf 1000.4ad in there. At 4ohm though.

Let me guess. That low voltage is at idle???

Rev it dude.

I would just add more reserve. If you can do Duals easy. Then do. But I bet you can't. What car , and all that.

No actually the low voltage isn't at idle. Of course it depends on the song too, but I don't ever like to see low voltage. And yes, I can do dual alternators easily. All I'd have to do is get a dual alternator bracket, which are easily found for my vehicle (02 Tahoe 5.3), I've got two other alternators at the house. But I didn't know if a battery or two in the back would be better than running a second alternator.

definately add a d3100 or xp3000 in the rear.

Archived