Second Skin Audio

10" aeroport box design for 2 Sundown SA-15 v3

David Stone

Hey guys please take a look at this box design on Torres. Will this work out OK? I see the overall port area is a little low but everything else seems to fall within the correct parameters from what I understand. This is my first aeroport enclosure BTW. I appreciate any advice. I was going to go with two 8" ports but they would need to be 19 long and would not have enough clearance from the bottom of the box and would not fir port up along with the two subs.

This is for the back of an 05 dakota club cab.

Subs up and port up in the center. I could also invert the subs if needed.

Plan on running at least a 2500w amp. maybe even a skar 3500.

Thanks. 2%20sa15%2010%20port_zpsfgmz1j7h.png

Those specs look OK, but a single 10" port is borderline being too small. It will be marginally acceptable on 2500 watts, but its not big enough for 3500 watts. Putting 3500 watts to a pair of SA-15s is probably pushing your luck a bit far anyway....

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

yeah i figured the 3500 would be overkill. I am running an sa12 on an nvx jad1200.1 right now. So the 2500 would be perfect. I am trying to keep the number of ports down and I cant port on the sides of my box as the ports would run right into my truck doors. Do you have any suggestions for alternative port sizes or lengths? Or should I just go the easy route and run a slot port? If I ran two ports could one be shorter or longer than the other? Like if i needed 25 inches could one be 15 and one be 10 for example? Thanks.

When you run multiple ports they need to be the same length.

The easy solution would be to use a slot port IMHO.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

David Stone. i understood you to ask as if you were to run different size diameter ports if it would be ok. if you do that then the ports would be different lengths. the smaller port would likely create port noise. it would also be hard to tune with the variables in the internal displacement.

Archived