Second Skin Audio

10" aeroport box design for 2 Sundown SA-15 v3

David Stone

How about this one? slotport_zpsdvbgyavp.png

That will work great. You will want to enter in "3" for # of Common Port Walls though since that's the style of ported box you will have. This will allow you to shorten your port up a bit but keep your tuning the same.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Awesome thank for the advice. I am new to Torres and did not know about that function. So now I'm torn. The 12" aero would look the cleanest IMO. But the slot would be cheap but alos a little harder to build than just a sealed box with a baffle with holes. I will have to do some thinking but I appreciate all the feedback and welcome any more that anybody has.

But it does look like I would not have enough room for a 12 meaning the entrance of my port would be too close to the bottom of the box. So I guess I'm going slot port.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over having to use a slot port. They aren't that much more difficult to build. Also slot ports have the benefit of adding strength to the box.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Ok so update. I picked up two skar vvx 15's. Amazon had them new for 123.23 each so 246.46 total with no tax. Couldn't pass it up. They should get enough juice off of my NVX JAD1200.1 which is certified at 1384 at 14.4 at 1 ohm. So I have a new question. Should I go standard "L" shaped slot port or do a center port and could somebody clarify the process of doing a center port and is this a good idea? Do I take the overall width of my port from torres and then make the bottom portion of the port half that width? Then do i divide the remaining length by two for the wings going left and right?

I s it worth it or should I just stick with my design above?

Thanks alot guys.

I normal "L" port layout is the most space efficient and has a slight performance advantage over a center split-port design. If you prefer the way a center port looks though the difference in performance is pretty small.

Builds:

Archived