Trying to decide what to do. Need help.

So me and my brother are looking at our computer. Trying to find ways to speed it up. I wanted to start moving stuff over to our Hard drive from the solid state. We recently got a new SSD and had our tech guy partition it for OS and storage. Well he moved most of our storage files over to the spare SSD space and the games that I wanted on the SSD are now on the HDD. How do I take away space from a partition? Disk c. OS is using 85GB and has 65gb available. Wanted to take some of that away to put towards storage. How would I do that?

ok. so what we are trtying to do is

-move and delete old files off of the SSD and put them onto the HDD.

-Shrink the OS partition and expand the Storage part of it.

-help with lag in BF1

current specs:

MOBO: ASRock xtreme3

CPU: AMD fx8350

GPU: Sapphire RX480 8GB

Cooling: Corsair H80i gt

PSU: Corsair AX860i

SSD1: Samsung Evo850 (split 149 GB OS, 83 GB Storage)

SSD2: Adata 64GB

HDD: Seagate 7200rpm 500GB

BF1 is on the HDD and i have the infamous max cpu usage lag. 100% usage and throttles to like 2 fps. no reason this GPU cant run this game at 1440 at 60 fps ultra. but it seems like it cant. i know im all over im sorry. im trying to avoid a fresh install to get everything where id like it but i feel like it is so screwed up i have no option.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

You cannot shrink a partition without loosing the data currently on it.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Move stuff from the SSD1 to the HDD to create some room to move the game over to SSD1.

Personally i would get a 2nd samsung 850 evo and raid it with no partition on it, partitions suck imo as it puts a wall on the drive you really don't need. You can just transfer pics, music and videos to other drives as your main begins to fill up to get space back. Drives today are far larger than drives of the past so partitions really aren't needed like they were in the past. Try to always keep your games on the faster SSD drives for quicker access as opposed to standard disk drives.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

C - drive is a pair of Samsung 840 pro SSD's, and the F - drive is a pair of Kingston SSD's and both are in a raid 0, and the other 2 drives are just external drives to keep all my music, videos and other crap on. I keep all my games on drive F and have yet to experience any problems.

Computer_zpswsidyego.jpg

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

heres my issue. when the drives were added and redone alot of crap got moved onto the SSD that i didnt want there. im starting to wonder if it woulf be best just to do a fresh install of windows 10 and get all new drivers and crap as there are mountains of old files and drivers scattered between 3 drives.

here is where i am now. im screwed on using the rest of the ssd for games because it is not big enough. the small sd i can put alot of the crap on but still doesnt help me as he formatted the C drive into to big of one.

i dont feel that the c drive needs so much room. give it like 100GB as that should be more than enough for any new updates and crap. the other files im not sure what to do with. back up, uninstall, wipe, then reinstall for games and stuff on the drive i want?

i have close to 200GB of just game data so thats the issue at this point. my brother is talking about getting another SSD and then we may do the whole wipe and reinstall thing but for now im kinda lost.

Untitled_zps7bjij0kd.png

also, what do you guys think my bottle neck is at this point? is it the MOBO, CPU, GPU? RAM? its just pissing my off that im not able to run these games in ultra at decent fps when i see lesser systems able to run it.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

Take everything you do not want on your computers C drive and dump it on the HDD as it is not crucial, remove the partition on SSD 1, clear everything of SSD 2 and load about 50GB worth of games you play but not the ones your playing everyday, once you have all that done then put the rest of your games on SSD 1 which will put you at 3/4 capacity but still fine to game on. I am constantly switching from my main drives to backup drives all the time or just simply deleting stuff no longer needed. You just need to decide what to keep and what to delete, pics, music, videos and the like can go on the other drives leaving plenty of room for all your games on the C drive.

How much ram do you have?

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

16 gb 1866 ddr3

few questions then

what needs to stay on c drive?

how do i delete the partition?

i use ccleaner to delete old files and crap, is that one of the better ones to use for cleanups?

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

Right click on the windows icon and click the disk management, that will bring up the tool that shows all your drives, right clicking on any drive will allow you to do some things with it,now i do not know if you can shrink it or delete it with out a format but once you get everything you need out from the partition i would try to shrink to as small a volume as you can so as not needing to do a full on format.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

What kinda stuff needs to stay on c drive? Drivers? Program files?

I'm seeing that there might be an unmovable file at the end of the partition so I am trying to work around this now. I got to the point I can change it but I can't modify that drive with how he set it up.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment: