Sundown Audio

Sundown sax 125.4 protection mode

Nkhegler316

My sundown sax 125.4 keeps going into protect when volume is turned up loud, amp is brand new gain is turned maybe an 1/8 of the way up if that, its powering 4 Rockford fosgate punch pro 6.5's and 4 fosgate p1 tweeters. It will play fine at low volume no issues. Does anyone know of what it could be causing this?

Brand new? Thing hasnt been made in years. ? :unknw:

Thermal, impedance, or voltage. I highly doubt its heat, or voltage ..... but,.....you never know. Id try impedance.

Take the load off (output side), one channel at a time. If it stays on with no load, then the channel you plug back in, is the issue. Maybe you have a bad mid throwing it into impedance protect.

If you remove the load, and it still kicks off, your sending your "new" 8 year old board in for repair.

the local RadioShack we have is also a registered sundown dealer as well as a few other brands, this is where I purchased the amp new back in November. I'm also powering it with 1/0 gauge sky high ofc wire

Cool, do what i said.

bad ground or an impedance issue like kyblack said. a poor grounding point won't let the amp do what your asking it to do.

Archived