Second time on the meter...

TRaGiK53

2003 Civic 4 door
Stock alt

2 Group 34 Autocraft AGM's
3 cubes @ 33 hz box, sub up port back

Original setup was a Sundown SAE 1000 and a SA-15. That did 139.9 sealed.

Switched to a DC Audio level 4 and a DC 2.0k, and got metered again today.

143.6 sealed! 145.1 in the kick with the drivers door open. Was HOPING for a 143.0, and would have been happy with 142. Am extremely happy with the 43.6.

Going to do sub/port foward and seal off the trunk soon, along with a couple other changes, and shoot for 146ish.

Local guy does 146s with his level 4 15 in his trunk. So impressed by it. Its on 2 sundown 2ks. He was almost exact score as you are when he had 1 amp. Congrats

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JeepAndBass

Picture1.png.a51bb49318e5269e42f12284828c2bb6.png

My Jeep: 157.3dB @26hz Drag Style 162.3dB @36Hz Outlaw 160.7db @35hz Headrest

My Honda: 155.4dB Drag Style 158.0db Outlaw 

Not enough space in the trunk to turn the existing box with the port to the driver side (unless 1/3 of the box is in the back seat), and have no intention of building a burp box for the car. BUT, next box will be larger for sure, and PROBABLY going to seal it off from the trunk...but will play around a little with it.

Going to see how loud I can get this sub/amp.

Port/sub foward, sealing off trunk, HO alt, and likely going to recone to a D1.4. Hoping to see 146-ish with that.

• 5 weeks later...

Back on the meter this evening.

Re-coned the Level 4 with XL parts, going from a D2 to D1.4. NO other changes from last time on the meter.

Went from 143.6 sealed to a 144.9.

Outlaw score went from a 145.1 to a 146.5. 

EXTREMELY happy with this. Was HOPING for a .5 gain, and expecting .3ish. 

Building my new box (sub/port forward) and sealing off the trunk. Also running new power wire (replacing CCA with OFC), replacing my mids/highs amp with a DC 90.4, and deadening the roof and welding up a roof brace that broke recently, and a couple other small things.

Going to try to see how close to 150 I can get this sub/amp setup I'm running.

• 1 month later...

Been through several changes since the last time I updated this, and been on the meter several times as well. 

DID do a sub/port forward box with the trunk sealed off, and LOST 3DB! Ended up going back with the original box and turning it around, and gained .1 db from my previous best, bringing me to 145.0. Went to my first competition with it a few weeks ago, and took 1st in one class and 3rd in another. 

Since then I've swapped out my DC Level 4 sub to a DC XL. Was wired at .7 ohms and now at .5 ohms. Also ditched the stock alt and upgraded to a Singer 260a. 

Back on the meter last night and it did 145.8 sealed and 146.8 outlaw.

Will have new box next week for it. Doing sub up port forward with an adjustable external aero port. 

And have another 2k amp on the way. After I see what the new box does, I'll add the other amp and strap at 2 ohms (1 ohm per amp). Determined to get 150 out of the trunk. 

nice scores! my car did pretty much the same. Choked firing forward sealed off. does better sub up/port side. 

Its crazy what little differences can make to a score.

• 3 weeks later...

Changes...

I got tired of always having to schedule around my friend to use his termlab, so I bought one of my own. 

New box is in. Sub up, external aero port forward. 8 inch port tuned at ~45 hz. Also added another 2k amp, strapping at 2 ohms (1 ohm per). Will be ordering a recone tomorrow so I can strap at 1 ohm.

I have a 6 inch port for daily use tuned around 33ish.

IMG_20170401_161424_zpswgvoh1zn.jpg

Sealed on the dash.
IMG_20170402_105352_zps1imocmbj.jpg

In the kick, drivers window mostly down.
IMG_20170402_112017_zpsxx8nlofe.jpg

Archived