Sonic Electronix

I've had this thought in the back of my mind for quite some time. After talking to a couple of buddies at work, they convinced me that it would be worth it and to go for it. As I have never dabbled in the car audio world much, I am not sure as to what would suit me best. My budget is around $500, and am trying to get the best thump and quality for my buck. I would be putting this in a 2005 Ford Taurus SEL sedan. Currently, I have the factory Bose speakers, and no sub. Here is what I'm looking at right now.

Pioneer DEH-X6900BT

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KKHSYGE/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1FMHNVWMGI839

Pioneer Gm-D9601 2,400-Watt Class D Mono Amp

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CLFM596/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2AH6BGHI3KV4N

Pioneer 12-Inch 4000W TS-W3003D4 Subwoofers with Vented Box Enclosure

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CMWSC6W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1DXN92KCKEQV4

KnuKonceptz KCA Complete 4 Gauge Amp Installation Kit

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050I6KII/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1NLNJ4Y2QP8Z

Some questions that I have are:

1. Will I be able to run this off of the stock alternator, and a single battery while running?

a. If so, about how long without having the car running.

2. Should I replace the Front and Rear speakers, or if just replacing the head unit be sufficient?

I am open to any recommendations, criticism, and advice.

Not a bad start,depends how deep you want to play in this game.most people start with that type equipment. you'll probably want to upgrade factory speakers only cause they are probably pretty worn maybe surround starting to tear depends how bad they been abused.adding coax will help, adding a amp to them would be that much better they wont need lots of power either if you do.. you may check out Skar audio stuff they have amps and speakers on the cheap. It not the greatest equipment or that terrible either..

You need a diferent amp kit. The knukonceptz cca wire is only rated at 100 amps for a 20 ft run and only comes with an 80 amp fuse. Knukonceptz is good wire but id recomend getting their 4 gauge ofc or if you want to add another amp get their 0 gauge cca at least.

Alright, after doing some more research, I have some concerns as to if I would need an HO alternator, or a CAP. I would like to avoid any additional costs, as I am looking for around $600.

Is the stock alternator/battery on my 05 Taurus enough to handle the max 1200rms of these subs with the AMP, or do I absolutely need an upgrade?

Alright, after doing some more research, I have some concerns as to if I would need an HO alternator, or a CAP. I would like to avoid any additional costs, as I am looking for around $600.

Is the stock alternator/battery on my 05 Taurus enough to handle the max 1200rms of these subs with the AMP, or do I absolutely need an upgrade?

Could always put it in and see how the electrical holds up. If your voltage starts to dip too low then you know you need to upgrade.

Alright, will do. I've got my subs in the box, ready to be hooked up, and they are looking fine. If anyone has any advice on where I can find a hole in the firewall on a taurus, you would make my day. At the current moment, all I have found that people have done, is to run it down the side of the car, and in through the wiring harness for the door controls. (As shown below)

I know this isn't ideal, but as a last option, would it be the way to go?

f27e43beb8599edc9ab0f96db59e1212.png

No dont do that. It could pinch and cause a fire or damage your equipment. Look around on the passenger side floorboard up by the dash. Should be a factory grommet there somewhere on most vehicles.

Archived