Vehicle: Chevy Tahoe (1997)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that about covers it. Now for some upgrading goodies. 1/0 Royal Excelene weld wire for the big 3 upgrade. But boomin, you didn't upgrade the big 3 yet? Well yes but no. I had some 2 gauge wire I had acquired and replaced it with the factory wiring only to find out the factory wiring is also 2 gauge. Facepalm. So now, this summer gonna make it right. Also...some new Polks gonna replace the CDT's with. One thing special about these Polks is they're 2 ohm versions. My amp will put out 125 watts into 2 ohms.

383_zpsvxzyhtns.jpg

001_zpsu2d4xhsm.jpg

That about covers it, currently. Any questions, let me know.

Also too, be on the lookout for an s10 ext cab p/u install I will be doing this summer. Gonna have a diff group of brands I'll be running: Clarion CZ702 HU, Massive Audio NX3 3 ch amp, Polk Audio comps, and DC Audio m38 8" sub in a t-line enclosure.

1 hour ago, 1gggman1 said:

Love those RE Audio Old preschoolers... they look like they are built as tough as MT's... Heavy coils I bet...

looks like you could put some serious power to those... 

I held onto them as long as I could. They're such rare drivers now that the new stuff cannot touch the older models, which are complete crap, when US Amps bought them out.  They were mid level line at them time, a step below the SX series. They can handle 600rms, and a 3" VC. They weigh about 20 lbs. each. Great all around daily pounder, but they can't take real lows very well. They liked to be tuned anywhere from 33-35Hz, which was the last enclosure I had them in.

1 hour ago, boomintahoe said:

Last summer, started construction on the 2 15's enclosure. I was gonna go bigger and better this time. it was time for me to catch up with the big boys....guess consider me a late bloomer lol

Was able to use my s10 p/u ext cab to get the wood that I bought a few years ago.

329_zpsdpybikyw.jpg

330_zpsqeis8ice.jpg

8 cu ft. enclosure tuned to 30Hz. Like my lows thank you!!

Archived