2006 Impala, 4 15 wall build PIC HEAVY

On 1/17/2017 at 3:57 AM, Karkov said:

Definitely looks better with the hub caps, but no longer looks like a police cruiser....no more people slowing down when they see you, lmao

my thoughts exactly lol

build looks nice man tuned in! Does the car have a complete police package? Interior looks wayy too nice, and I dont see a hole in the a pillar for the spot light. 

On 1/16/2017 at 8:54 PM, Kevin Miller said:

Following... I've got an 06 as well and have been thinking about something like this.

Love these cars.

On 1/17/2017 at 3:57 AM, Karkov said:

Definitely looks better with the hub caps, but no longer looks like a police cruiser....no more people slowing down when they see you, lmao

Lol yeah it looked sweet, it feels like a BRAND NEW car now. Probly cause it had the police look ever since I got it and I wanted that "clean stock" look.Thanks man

9 hours ago, bsneon98 said:

my thoughts exactly lol

build looks nice man tuned in! Does the car have a complete police package? Interior looks wayy too nice, and I dont see a hole in the a pillar for the spot light. 

Cool thanks. Yes it was a marked cruiser. Had a spotlight, Wish it didn't, but it does, May weld a plate over it one day and fill but that's not until I "Finish" the music. Also had the push bumper and inside it had a full plastic rear seat, and the cage brackets. Didn't come with any other goodies. Except for some Emergency Kits for like a gunshot in the trunk, thought that was pretty cool lol.

Really just gotta get my batteries and alternator now. While I save for that I'll be building the wall slowly but surely. Then onto the Doors. Running a 3rd 2/0 Power as well as 3 2/0 Dedicated ground runs to the back when I get some more cable. Just incase I ever wanna go 8-10k in future.

The random noises my friend's makes would be enough to make me want to take it out and smash it with a sledgehammer. I think it'd get more hits than the review you were thinking of ;)

Nice, Never came up with my gross or net volume. Just figure I'll get all that info that when I get done with the shell, before I figure the port out. Because I'm just making it as big as possible. I thought about counter sinking them but I just figured a few tubes of liquid nail or 8x could fill the gap and 2 sheets 3/4 birch for the back wall would be pretty decent. Hell I still may even do it. Would make me better having something a tad flusher to mount to, lol. There will be 3 more 2x4's going above the ones that are carriage bolted. I'll have to just mount them to the birch like ExoContralto did in his 2 18 wall build.

Off topic. But I'm new to posting on this forum. It says my "Attachments are full." If I delete or clear my current "attachments" will it remove my pictures from my post?

The random noises my friend's makes would be enough to make me want to take it out and smash it with a sledgehammer. I think it'd get more hits than the review you were thinking of ;)

I did the same as you with the box volume. Build to max volume (assuming you have enough 'face' area for your subs) and then figure port out later. 

I just host my pics on photobucket. Although, check the forum's paid membership benefits for forum-hosted options. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Must be me, but I prefer the police look over the hub caps or maybe you could've painted the steelies white.

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

1 hour ago, Grant Whalen said:

Really curious as to how how you are going to get the bottom to match to the back because that's my 1 issue I'm indecisive about.

You mean the bottom plate on the box right? Well sofar what I did was cut 2x4's and some 1x4 and lined them across the back, sides and some in the center of the floor. To get them flush with the front "hump". Used literally 5 tubes of liquid nail on them because the gas tank is RIGHT under the back seat, the only spot I can really screw straight to metal is the front "hump". But I figure I may be able to tie it into the back wall once I get both sheets on so the back wall is supporting it as well. May do 1 sheet birch then a layer of 2x4's and then another sheet of birch on top of that. Not sure yet. It took some thinking.

2 hours ago, BP1Fanatic said:

Must be me, but I prefer the police look over the hub caps or maybe you could've painted the steelies white.

Yeah I love the police look, was thinking about that for a while but figured it may look wierd.

20 hours ago, mcanderson0 said:

I did the same as you with the box volume. Build to max volume (assuming you have enough 'face' area for your subs) and then figure port out later. 

I just host my pics on photobucket. Although, check the forum's paid membership benefits for forum-hosted options. 

Yessir I would like to put a huge kerfed center port but I'm not sure exactly if I'll be able to make that work but we shall see! If not it will be a huge center detachable port.

Okay cool, photobucket was my first thought.

Question guys, what kind of bit would I use to countersink my carriage bolts? Is it just called a countersink bit?

Yes, countersink bit.  Some have center drills attached and some are just the countersink portion.  Although, I bet you are wanting to counterbore, not countersink.  To counterbore (flat bottom, not angled like a countersink), you can use a large drill bit and just go slow.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

46 minutes ago, mcanderson0 said:

Yes, countersink bit.  Some have center drills attached and some are just the countersink portion.  Although, I bet you are wanting to counterbore, not countersink.  To counterbore (flat bottom, not angled like a countersink), you can use a large drill bit and just go slow.

Yep counterbore! Sounds good a 1" paddle bit should work now that I think of it.

Archived