Sundown Audio

Rockford Fosgate T2500bdcp issue

AGuyWithAJeep

2 hours ago, AGuyWithAJeep said:

Also all connections are soldered, I don't believe in using crimps. Did once many years ago, never again.

Why, what happened?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

9 hours ago, Karkov said:

Why, what happened?

First and only time I used crimps, about 3 months later my constant going to my headunit came disconnected and damn near caught fire my first vehicle. I'm not sure how the fuse didn't blow but it didn't and something went wrong. Solder is a much better connection in my opinion, safer, and looks better (if heat shrinked to cover solder joint)

And the amp benched at 3501 (sheet said 3511) but I'm sure there were variables in it. That was when I first got it. Currently now it probably won't produce over 500! And I'll let you know how the warranty works out. It's supposed to be a 2 year warranty. I didn't purchase any warranty when I bought the amp so I'll have to go to the store I bought it from, have them send it to RF, and then RF should send me a new one. I'm assuming

• 2 months later...

Figured I'd give a little update to this, especially as I'm very stressed about the current situation. So, amp was sent to Rockford Fosgate to be "repaired". I got the amp back a few weeks ago (shipped early January and didn't receive to beginning of March). While I had the down-time I took everything out and figured I'd update the system. Only things left were the battery's. All wires replaced with new soldered connections, new box built for the subs, etc. The new amp said 3590 at 1 ohm on the birth sheet so I was pretty excited. I finally got everything installed, double checked and got ready to start tuning. AS SOON as the headunit sent power to the amp, the amps on-board volt meter showed the gauge bottoming out in the max (which I don't understand how since the truck was only putting out 14.6 volts), the subs started rapid firing hard. Within 2 or 3 seconds I turned it off, smoke was everywhere (not a joke). It came pouring out of the amp. Both fuses going from the front to rear battery blew, the fuse in between the amp and battery was blown and smoking, and the amp kept pouring. Rear battery  (XS Power D3100) was making all sorts of popping noises along with the amp also making popping noises while smoke was still pouring out. Amp was bolted to the amp rack so I hurried and disconnected and poured the little water I had on it since all I could think of was my truck going up in flames and adrenaline rushing lol. Anyways, finally got the amp out and currently I'm sitting here wondering what the actual **** just happened. Positives and grounds were in the right location. No wires were touching. It had to be a something with the amp. Rockford Fosgate will be getting a call Monday. Don't know if my rear battery will be okay yet as I haven't tested it. I just removed it from the vehicle for now to be safe. Everything was double checked before powering on, so the only thing I can think of is there was another failure in the amp that was much worse than the one prior. 

Did they repair your amp or send you a different one? When fosgate tested it they would have found any problems. I would figure out what is killing your amps before I put another one in there. I have seen a ground loop cause a " motor boat" effect before. It's hard to say since you changed a bunch of stuff if it is the same problem as before. Double check everything again and maybe find a cheap amp to test it on. Keep us updated on the warranty claim. If you post up some pictures of what you have, maybe we can help you figure it out.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived