Second Skin Audio

350z 140db sq system idmax 12

ssmokeyy

Hey guys I'm building a sq system in my z but I like there to be some bass in my music. My front are morel hybrids with 180 rims per side. Amp is a arc audio ks300.4 pushing them. My sub amp is a rf power 1000.1bdcp I know not the cleanest sub amp. But later I want to replace it with a arc 2500.1. With the front have so much power I know I need a sq sub that can make around 141-143 daily to keep up. I'm wondering in my 350z would a idmax 12 v4 be able to handle 1200 rms that my rf can put out and also do 141db with out killing it? Would it be better for me to use two idq 12 v4 subs? I have always wanted a idmax but don't want to spend the money and hate the output. I have the same problem in my f150 with my rf t1 with 1500 rms just isn't loud enough but again I have 185 rms in there on the mids and highs.  Thanks for the help. I have looked at arc, fi q, type r, kicker, kenwood, AA and for some reason I like the id stuff more. I would go with two morel subs but there cost is crazy high. I feel jl audio is over priced on there subs. 

building for SQ, SPL comes along with it.  but building for SPL doesn't bring SQ along with it.  hope that makes sense.

i have found when wanting a certain DB you will be chasing SPL forever.  i believe the ID12 will perform nicely.  it will require a ported box if you want higher output.  a sealed enclosure will not likely net you over 140 out of that single 12.  the power you want to throw at it is going to likely tear it apart.  rated RMS is like 800.

all the brands you noted are imported.  the JL is made in america.  so you are paying a non-sweatshop employee to build that woofer.

not sure the currect cost on a Digital Designs 3500 12.  they will handle the 1200 RMS you want to give it.  they are very music friendly.  i know an IASCA SQ judge that has one in his daily driver.  does high 130's on 900 watts in an SUV.

If it was me... I would go with the Fi Q.. then an AA Havoc.. Thats just me though. 

Plus the new Fi Q are so damn Sexy 

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

1 hour ago, catch 22 said:

The idmax is a straght up sq sub.  Sure the FI Q will get louder,  but that's about it 

So just what attributes of the IDMax make it a "straight up SQ sub"?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

The cost lol

I think the box makes a bigger difference than the cost.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

SQ is the sum of everything, there is no one thing that makes it an SQ setup, while some parameters contribute to how well it will perform for a certain situation it can be greatly affected by bad install, bad tuning, bad equipment and bad enclosures.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

11 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

So just what attributes of the IDMax make it a "straight up SQ sub"?

What I meant was,  the idmax is a purpose built sq sub.  Low moving mass, high motor strength, high sensitivity.  It's very accurate with a flat and wide frequency response. 

ssmokeyy,  the idmax will have no problem getting loud while sounding excellent on the power you have.

Archived