Second Skin Audio

350z 140db sq system idmax 12

ssmokeyy

SQ is a whole different game compared to SPL... Plenty SQ speakers exist that sound simular or FAR superior it depends on your definition of "sq".

one of the most important things would be keeping the front stage well blended with the subwoofer and thats tricky as shit to do with a 2500w rms sub amp,  good SQ components 2 or 3 ways should fill in almost all of your sound up front.

If you don t care about absolute phase,driver placement,stage height and stage blend ect and want a 2500w sub stage then your looking for spl because lets be honest, an sq vehicle doesnt need to be breaking panels and glue joints lol.

For example, in my work car this is what i run

Arc kar 600.2 on a pair of cdt es06's & kar 300.4 running a pair of dyna md142's along with a pair of cdt drt 26a's all on the front stage, im running an sq4500.1 on a custom 60mm ww 3" coil fi Q tuned to 30hz with a smallish (12sq/ft) port.  The system sounds fucking amazing to my ears and thats coming from a senior professional installer HOWEVER it is NOTHING like a true SQ vehicle... It's got wayy to much cabin gain and reflections to keep all the sound up front and the vehicle gets loud enough to rattle the windshield back and forth... It's not a vehicle you can listen to when your feeling calm or suttle which a real sq system can do with ease.  That being said, you are probably looking for daily SPL (FI-Q,ID-MAX,SSA ICON,TCS EPIC)  a little more sq friendly but not near as loud (ID-Q,Boston spg-555,Rainbow vanadium 12,FI-Q w/high QTS) 

Archived