95 Choo Choo Customs Conversion Suburban Build. Old School Amps.

My vehicle is a 1995 Chevrolet K1500 Suburban, with a 5.7L V8, that was made into a "Conversion Suburban" in March, 1995, by Choo-Choo Customs, in Chattanooga, TN. It was given a custom center console, complete with tube TV and VCR combo, a tape holder, and cup holders. It has nice, thick, soft carpeting. It also has 4 very comfortable bucket seats with dual arm rests, and a third row bench. 

After owning this thing for 2 years, i'm starting on the main audio/visual system build. I already put a Pioneer bluetooth headunit in to replace the stock Delco CD Changer from 1995, and a Soundstream DVD player to replace the broken VCR that was installed by the conversion company. I also already put in some lighting, LEDs for the map lights, courtesy lights and dome lights, with HID 4300K headlights. 

Here is the parts list and plans:

Headunit: Pioneer single din DEH-X4800BT (future, not soon, double din touchscreen)

Wiring: All Sky High Car Audio wiring.

Battery and Alternator: Optima Red Top with stock Alt for now. 

Processor: none for now. I'll use the headunit, and the parametric EQ on the amps to tune for now. 

Front stage: Focal Polyglass 6.5 165V20 component system in Q-Logic Kick Panel Enclosures. 

Front stage amplifier: Alpine MRV-T407

Rear door speaker/rear roof speaker amp: Alpine MRV-F307 (Going to be able to switch between taking signal from main HU, or from TV/DVD, and have volume controllable by rear passengers) 

Subwoofer Amplifier(s): Alpine MRV-1507 (I have 2, but one needs repair. Once i get that done, i can run 2 sub amps to 2 subs. Starting with just one)

Subwoofer Set up: Alpine SWR-1522D, Type-R 15" in a sealed box. (later: 2 Type-R 15" in a custom ported box, each on it's own MRV-1507.) 

Visual set up: Old tube TV and Soundstream VDVD-165T. (Later: flatscreen w/same DVD player, 12V outlet and USB outlet below TV.) 

Now i just have to figure out how to post some pics. Here is a video to start with: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kvNe17TtFg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Optima Red Top installed. Factory side terminals still used. Additional ground wires added: 1/0 to frame and 4 gauge to body ground. 4 gauge fused alternator wire. Probably going to move that fuse block later. 

101_0676.jpg

Today, i got a lot of wiring done.

-I ran power through the firewall. I had to drill a hole and use a grommet. I installed an ANL fuse. 

-I ran my RCAs,

-I ran remote turn on,

-I ran the rear dashcam wires.

-I also put in my bluetooth microphone in the headliner. 

-And a dashcam hardwire kit.

I actually got one amp in and got a sub playing today, though i'm still very far from done. Calling it a day; i'm beat. I'll edit the video later. 

Today, i got a lot of wiring done.

-I ran power through the firewall. I had to drill a hole and use a grommet. I installed an ANL fuse. 

-I ran my RCAs,

-I ran remote turn on,

-I ran the rear dashcam wires.

-I also put in my bluetooth microphone in the headliner. 

-And a dashcam hardwire kit.

I actually got one amp in and got a sub playing today, though i'm still very far from done. Calling it a day; i'm beat. I'll edit the video later. 

Archived