95 Choo Choo Customs Conversion Suburban Build. Old School Amps.

Gotta love Pioneer headunits. Not the best, but they do the trick, and have all the right features, as far as crossovers, EQ, RCA outs, etc, so that they can be used as the head of a whole system, or just as an upgrade for a factory HU.

I love this one. The whole bluetooth thing was a game changer: 
In 1987, we had AM radio in the family car.

By the early 1990s, we had a tape player, and FM radio. With presets!

By the late 90s, when i got my first car, I remember having to flip through CD wallets back in the day, trying to find a good CD to pop into my Sony Discman, hooked up through a tape adapter, before the light turned green.

In about 2000, i bought my first built in CD player, for about $400.

Later, i was quite impressed by my first ipod video in 2005, but you still had to keep it charged, physically hook it up, and change songs on the ipod, not on the stereo.

Another 5 years later, i was changing songs on the ipod through the radio, but still had a cord.

Now, in 2017, i can listen to FM, AM, CD, anything with a 3.5MM plug, MP3s and online radio wireless from my pocket, or i can make hands free calls, all for about $100! The funny thing is that i have so much more technology available to me, too, i only i would buy and install it. I don't have a touchscreen GPS or anything truly cool. 

• 9 months later...

Not sure how to post photos here since photobucket stopped hosting without pay. I started the front stage install. So far i have put the speakers into the panels. Next, i will install them in the truck, and then wire 'em up. 

Here is a link to the most current photos: https://www.facebook.com/pg/rocbolapublicpage/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1636408409750671

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it's been a while. During the summer, i rarely use this truck. It's winter again, so i got back to work. 

I installed the front stage. Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FpD4UxaNUs

Next step, i'm installing 2 XS-Power D3400 batteries. One under the hood, and one in back. 

Archived