Second Skin Audio

2 CT Sounds Tropo v2 8s enclosure

audiofanaticz

Here is a enclosure for a pair of CT Sounds Tropo 8v2 subs I just finished.
Just need to get it packaged up and on its way to Lufkin Texas it goes!

d2lYLv.jpg

Qkbxo5.jpg

Had to make a new port, I remembered the wrong and not the number I needed to cut off and the port came up too short. Glad I caught it before gluing it in otherwise the entire box would have to be rebuilt.

Kuat32.jpg

Didnt feel like cutting down my new 4by8 sheet of HDPE to make some router templates, so I just used some scrap wood to cut down to get the job done.

Just a simple brace since the space was tight inside the box, adding a center line of the brace would reduce the opening down from 60sq inches and make it awfully close to the cone area and that is no bueno!

4AMmo4.jpg

Cut out a second piece to beef it up without reducing the area, and hit it with a small Sweep bit.

nzbIMG.jpg

Also used a medium sized Sweep bit on the end of the port.

y193kM.jpg

fzLod9.jpg

uPYdJM.jpg

Had to wait for some orders to show up so I could progress on the build, needed to measure the new style SMD terminals for the cutout, and was pretty much out of wire as well.

tfFOib.jpg

MIYb11.jpg

Perfect fit, the larger cutout is for the carpet gap.

u09rdn.jpg

Crimped, soldered, and covered with some SMD heat shrink. No more pesky black/red rubber boots. Looks so much better!
GH52kr.jpg

Got the wires attached to the SMD terminals.
P39NWr.jpg

d3louw.jpg

Terminals are installed. I guess I forgot to take pics during the carpeting process. Oh well.
803r3q.jpg

V3wuTJ.jpg

fKD7eW.jpg

8LiVGG.jpg

VYjitk.jpg

XsedsL.jpg

Strong looking box turned out great! I like the ring around the inside of the terminal cup. Really beefy! 

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Get work super clean 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I love those ring terminals that have the roughed edges so u don't need lock washers

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

1 hour ago, Ron36 said:

I love those ring terminals that have the roughed edges so u don't need lock washers

That's cool, I didn't even notice at first. Gotta get some, where do they come from?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

8 hours ago, Ron36 said:

The top not in the smd terminals have those too!

6 hours ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

That's cool, I didn't even notice at first. Gotta get some, where do they come from?

Ive been ordering Tspec terminals for a while, they seem to be fairly nice. Tspec is the old Tsunami brand.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

damn!!! you always knock it out of the park!!! that thing looks great!  :rocking:

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Archived