Second Skin Audio

Box for Digital Designs Redline 506 D2?

John Sahl

Hi all, 

I am using a Digital Designs Redline 506 D2 (6.5") in my wifes Smart car, and have built the box recommended on Digital Designs webpage, but there is just too much port noise and not enough output.

Can anyone recommend a box for this unit, as small as possible, but still with good sound?

4027_DD_506_D4.jpg

dd-box.jpg

why don't u plug the port and see how it sounds sealed. Looks like box specs are the same .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

couple things i would try.

- in that sealed configuration throw some more power at it. or make sure it's in the correct sealed volume and then get some poly fill in it.

- if your going to leave it ported get more port area.

- if its possible to a t-line.  i just pulled my older DD 1010b d4 out of a t-line (due to a bit of a design error on my part).  the t-line 10 on the same power played and out performed my 1012b d4 i had in a ported box before it.

Archived