Second Skin Audio

Best Subwoofer Enclosure for a UTV?!

5 hours ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

We need to see a video of it in the mud. Lol

I will make sure to get on that as soon as spring rolls around! Right now in Wisconsin everything is an icy mess. I will post some more pics of equipment here when I get to work on this for your entertainment. Will I get in trouble with this still being in the subwoofer/enclosure thread? 

LOL I think your good just make sure you are booming through the mud. lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Okay so here are a couple more pictures of the speaker pods, as you can see, the rubber clear coat looks like it kind of 'cracked' while drying. Not very happy with the look so hopefully if I spray another coat on it can help cover this. Let me know if you see any easy fixes. Again, this is not made to the absolute best of my ability because it is just something kind of rough. Used spare bondo we had laying around so didnt use as much as needed thats another reason why it looks so rough.

8_zpshjb9qiwg.jpg

7_zpsu9hyntvi.jpg

On 1/18/2017 at 10:05 AM, meade916 said:

personally, i would do a bandpass box in it....and aim the ports in a manner they cannot collect water when you hose that beast down.  It is hard to get open air bass no matter what the enclosure....so if i was you i would focus on keeping the equipment safe from the elements.  A nice 4th order will do :)  Down fire if you can.  

Just my opinion if you are asking! 

Steve, what would you recommend I tune the port for this 4th order just to be able to get as much range as we can while outside? Would a mid 40s be alright? And do you think the lows taken care of by the sealed will be noticed at all when outside? Thanks. 

Archived