Second Skin Audio

massive audio summo xl 104

Michael Dean

looking to upgrade my subs to two summo xl 10d4 @ 1 ohm on a Rockford fosgate t1500bdcp. Box is 3 cu-feet tuned at 38hz. How will these subs sound on this amp in this box?

1000 rms 2000peak 240oz double stack mag??  Any info on these would be great. Thanks

Your port is much too small.  You will want at least 45 sq in of port area.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

7 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Your port is much too small.  You will want at least 45 sq in of port area.

So I found the specs for the 10d4 summo xl and it said for 2 10s ported 2.9 cu.ft and port area 26.25 and my current port is 21 (7x3) cu inches so super close but not 45. For their 15s it calls for 45 port not their tens. And for my port and can go longer and shorter but not w or h. 

Unfortunately a lot manufactures really give terrible recommendations when it comes to port area and Massive Audio is one of them.  26.25 sq in of port area is really small for size of box, tuning, and input power you are going to be running.  You will be throwing a lot of low frequency output away with that size of port.  This may not be what you want to hear, but the best thing for you to do would be to build a new box to the proper specs.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

1 hour ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Unfortunately a lot manufactures really give terrible recommendations when it comes to port area and Massive Audio is one of them.  26.25 sq in of port area is really small for size of box, tuning, and input power you are going to be running.  You will be throwing a lot of low frequency output away with that size of port.  This may not be what you want to hear, but the best thing for you to do would be to build a new box to the proper specs.  

Thank you for that info. I may be able to modify the egsisting port to get more port area? I could go 7x6 to a 41 port area? Does this sound like a good idea?

Yeah a 7"x6" port would be a lot better, and would probably be acceptable for what you want to do.  Just keep in mind that as a port increases in area it has it increase in length to keep tuning the same. 

Builds:

Archived