Alt and Battery going bad?

How can you tell if your alt and batt is going?

06 tacoma base.  1 diehard platinum up front a group 34 prob.  a 2 battery out back next to the amp a optima group 31 battery 3-4 year old 4-5 year old  rf sub amp 100 bdcp sundown 100.4 amp.  my voltage read low 12.8 when im driving 12.4 when idle  gonna have a friend bench test the alt and the battery soon any help thanks

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

I'm also curious on how I can check to see if my batteries are getting too old and need replacement. I have my XS Power stuff on a charger every night and am hoping they last 10 years :)
They are 5 years old right now.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

If the voltage is below 14v while running with no load then your alt is on its last leg. Literally the rectifier diodes for two of the legs are probably blown. Take the alt out and take it to AutoZone or some place to test it. The batteries could be taken out and load tested.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived