Getting the most from stock speaker locations

Derek217

I'm currently looking around for (2) 6.5 front and (2) 5.25 rear high quality speakers to fit the stock locations on my 07 Suburban.

Power- Wanting to push them around 200 rms x4 @ 4ohms on a Crescendo 1100.4 since I think that's needed to get the job done. (My understanding on the wiring is that most speakers are lowest 4ohm and all SVC so I don't know how else to wire them safely all at 2ohm to push more power to them) Only seeing typically Neos that can handle around 200rms.

Price- looking around $200-300 a set but cheaper the better if results are the same.

Setup info if necessary- Running on my Clarion NX706 (installed) and an amp once I decide to buy one. Decided to go for 10k instead of 5k on (4) 18s. Planning on getting a blow through built behind my back seat at least 26 cu ft^3 tuned @ 40hz for daily.

I'd love to go around and test speakers but most shops around would only offer entry level speakers to test on a wall. I know SQ is a touchy subject so I'd like to say I'm not looking into a crazy perfect SQ setup (maybe even just SQ in some eyes) even though this is my daily. Trying to have the mids and highs keep up with the bass to actually hear the song I'm listening to (maybe PA speakers?). Not sure wether I should go coaxial or normal speakers since I'm not too hype on getting custom fab door panels unless I legitimately have to in order to hear my music. I've already received some great help and advice on a different thread about custom fab door panels so I'd prefer to respect their help and not re hash that topic on this thread too much. Just looking to utilize my factor door speaker space the best i possibly can. 

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Ground Pounder Build In Progress

Clarion NX706

Thanks again man. Nearest dealer is 2hrs away so not too bad.  Won't need components with tweeters or just recommended to buy separate tweeters on top of buying these? In your opinion, you think these will definitely keep up with the sub stage I want to run?

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Clarion NX706

I would say NO..... You want to run 10K worth of subs but have only 400 Watts of mids and highs to keep up. (front stage because chances are you wont even hear the the rears. its why you see builds out there with multiple Drivers in there doors. Its not because they love there mids & highs. There bass heads and need that many drivers to help keep up with there sub stage. Fuck the rears, get some Q-Logic kick panels and add to your front stage without having to fab up door panels. Trust me you WONT hear the rear stage with your sub stage as big as it is. Just my 2 cents! good luck man!

I'm definitely down to put some kick panels in. Never thought that was an option without fab until now. Only reason I thought people legitimately need an excessive amount of speakers (from what I've seen at a very few shows) was because they wall it off right behind them at the port with a ton of power. With 800 total to the driver and passenger total, do you think that would be enough to hear just up there? More wattage or surface area needed? I'll let my rear door panels suffer for some time, at least until the full build is done to mess with em if that's the case. 

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Clarion NX706

I have a 2007 Tahoe with 10k on substage and it takes quite a bit to keep up with it (mids and highs)  I had those Qlogic kicks and should have never gotten rid of them.  Door panels are a work in progress.  Only rear fill for now. All my previous mids/highs setups are in my old build logs in signature.  When you say blowthrough you mean 4th order bandpass?  Otherwise if not I would consider tuning a little lower.  

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

1 hour ago, Derek217 said:

I'm definitely down to put some kick panels in. Never thought that was an option without fab until now. Only reason I thought people legitimately need an excessive amount of speakers (from what I've seen at a very few shows) was because they wall it off right behind them at the port with a ton of power. With 800 total to the driver and passenger total, do you think that would be enough to hear just up there? More wattage or surface area needed? I'll let my rear door panels suffer for some time, at least until the full build is done to mess with em if that's the case. 

Ya i wasn't trying to come off a dick, sorry for that. I think doors & Q-logics kicks on good power would do you for now until you get the bug and want more! lol

I'll try and look at getting just my front two doors fab if you think it might not be enough with what I'm currently trying for in attempt to save money in the long run. At least see the price difference in kick panels versus more speakers all in a custom fab door panel. I don't believe it's a 4th order. Here's a picture of the box for the set up I really liked and wanna look into doing. It's as you look at it from the back bench seats. 

IMG_0592.jpgfree photo upload

I believe it's only got plexi glass on the very back. 

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Clarion NX706

Nah man, it's all good. I didn't take it that way or even realize it could be. I was more focused on the knowledge drop haha. In his set up, I was told tuned to 40hz and I enjoyed the notes hit on actual songs of almost every range with his (4) 18s. Got about 10 demos at USACI in north Texas a couple months ago and here recently this month about 5 at Vegas whatever that was, and out of all of the demos I got I liked this setup way more than all the other ones. It's a daily which is critical for what I want to do. What I'm basing my ideas off of is from what I like from the little I've seen. 

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Clarion NX706

5 hours ago, Derek217 said:

Thanks again man. Nearest dealer is 2hrs away so not too bad.  Won't need components with tweeters or just recommended to buy separate tweeters on top of buying these? In your opinion, you think these will definitely keep up with the sub stage I want to run?

In that DD series i showed u, there are tweeters also, i didnt check the specs on those tho. If it were me? I wouldnt do a passive (components)setup unless it was someone elses ride lol i like to adjust and set my own things to my liking. The passive crossover locks u in pretty much. Its good for simplicity when it comes to tuning, but id rather put in the extra effort to find what my own ears like. Tweeters shouldnt be much work to install either, mounting them somewhere should be easier than running the speaker wire for it. 

As for those keeping up with ur sub plans, youd need more mids per side as others have said. If youre really doing a blow thru, i think glassing your front doors isnt too much. If ur goin all out for the subs, go all out for the mids n highs too! Lol. If you did custom doors then definatly cancel rear mids, so u could have whatever sizes u want in ur doors, put a couple Cresendo UN 8s or 10s in each door, a UN 6.5 and tweeter in the kicks, then another tweet on the A-pillar or dash. But more speakers means more amps, or bigger amps, just depends how far u wanna go with ur audio man lol. But if u just wanna have ur stock locations bumpin, those DD audios should do some justice for stock locations, but check ur mounting depth on those locations before u buy anything.

Archived