Getting the most from stock speaker locations

Derek217

Oh, I was just curious.  maybe because 18's sound different he tunes like that.  Are the subs firing into a sealed section?  Is it open in the back so the port STARTS under the subs, goes to back of vehicle where plexi glass is, and then come to where picture was taken?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

i haven't put rear fill in a personal rig since i stopped running deck power to mids.  once you go amp'd just build a strong front stage.  no need for a tweeter or mid to be pointed at your roof, back of head, or a rear seat.  if you did two set of 6.5's up front or a 6.5/5.25 combo that will keep up with most anything you throw at it from the sub stage.  look at what steve just did in brandito's toyota.  that is a nice simple set up.  i'm willing to bet is wails.

Just looked it up instead of looking at my pics and vids and it's a 4th order actually, sorry for my misinterpretation. Still (4) 18s tuned to 40zh though. If two 6.5 sets per door on 200 a speaker with kick panels will do the job I'll probably stop there. Otherwise as long as it's not too much more to do fab door panels I'll go for that and only worry about the front. If I get door panels done and ditch kick panels, then I don't see why I wouldn't throw in like (2) 10s, 8, and maybe a Pioneer 4in tweeter or almost a real Crescendo of (1) 10,8,6.5,4 and tune em to hit a wide range of frequencies independently. That in the fab portion all on 200 a piece per door. I'll try and figure that out soon around town and come to a decision. Either way I'd like to try 4 speakers per side of the same brand on 800rms a door. I never would've really thought to check the depth so thanks for the heads up haha. I'll check out his install and see how it went

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Ground Pounder Build In Progress

Clarion NX706

Since it sounds like a solid plan I'll take the advice and try and get two set of the DD 6.5/5.25s with kick panels. If it doesn't produce enough highs then I'll grab probably (2) 4in pioneer tweeters or (4) 1in or 2in tweeters and try to put em inside my door panel in the open bottom of it. Never the less, start with 2 sets with kick panels. One question though, can DD dealers negotiate their price or is it firm? I remember the site never listing prices 

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Ground Pounder Build In Progress

Clarion NX706

54 minutes ago, Derek217 said:

Since it sounds like a solid plan I'll take the advice and try and get two set of the DD 6.5/5.25s with kick panels. If it doesn't produce enough highs then I'll grab probably (2) 4in pioneer tweeters or (4) 1in or 2in tweeters and try to put em inside my door panel in the open bottom of it. Never the less, start with 2 sets with kick panels. One question though, can DD dealers negotiate their price or is it firm? I remember the site never listing prices 

Their site lists the prices, thats where i got the prices i gave u. Dealers "could" usually but it depends how u handle the situaton. Some might see u and think they can charge u top dollar, some might cut u a deal if they think they could gain a return customer. Really just depends on the dealer and you. Ive never been a good "wheeler and dealer" lol.

Youre not gonna have any highs for the mids? I think u should atleast get one set of tweets. So u can play the full bandwidth. Those 6.5 frequency range only goes up to 14k hz. Within that same series theres the AT28 1inch tweet that'll cover way more then nessisary, up to 30k hz, site has'em for $289. Or if u wanted something a lil bigger the AW3 3 inch plays up to 22k hz, 20k is our ears limit so that would cover the full frequency range pretty nice for u. Those AW3s are $299, all on their site, google ddaudio youll find it.

or any other brand too, im just the type that doesnt like mixing different makes so i recommended more of the same brand/model lol. Main thing.....cover as much of the 20hz-20,000hz human hearing range as u can/want. Keep it posted bruh 

Archived