Sundown Audio

Old School RF-Power 1000 and 1000C

chadgriffith78

Chad Griffith7:28am Jan 19

Ok, I have a question about the old school Rockford Power 1000 and 1000C, Same amp just no caboose on 1000c. When using on a pair of Dual voice coil 2 ohm Speakers. one amp Bridged means the amp see's 1/2 the woofers impedance so 1-ohm bridged. the only info I can find says bridged at 4 ohms, on Big D Wills channel he shows 2-ohm bridged. will amp handle this????? or do I need new dual voice coil speakers at 4-ohm's???? yes running 1 amp per speaker so each voice coil gets one side of the amp. So on Big D Wills 2 min video my speaker should get around 1200 watts per voice coil. please fill in any and all gaps please. I don't want to blow the amp's but want the most power I can get out of them for this system,,, Pic's of build to come,,, thanks ..     

i don't believe those amps are 1ohm stable.  so you may need to wire them up at 4ohm or get different subs.  if you're going to run those amps side by side to two subs better make sure they are gain matched since you can't master slave them.  can't wait for pictures.  love old school gear.

Wire each sub to 4 ohms and bridge each side to that.

Killer old amps but that also means lots of old parts to fail running too low.

Static drops are my bag.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2017 at 10:29 AM, chadgriffith78 said:

Chad Griffith7:28am Jan 19

Ok, I have a question about the old school Rockford Power 1000 and 1000C, Same amp just no caboose on 1000c. When using on a pair of Dual voice coil 2 ohm Speakers. one amp Bridged means the amp see's 1/2 the woofers impedance so 1-ohm bridged. the only info I can find says bridged at 4 ohms, on Big D Wills channel he shows 2-ohm bridged. will amp handle this????? or do I need new dual voice coil speakers at 4-ohm's???? yes running 1 amp per speaker so each voice coil gets one side of the amp. So on Big D Wills 2 min video my speaker should get around 1200 watts per voice coil. please fill in any and all gaps please. I don't want to blow the amp's but want the most power I can get out of them for this system,,, Pic's of build to come,,, thanks ..     

Wire the subs in series to get 4 ohms per channel, bridge the amp into 2ch mode and get around 700w/ch for the subs. NO WAY I'd run this amp at 1 ohm bridged, you will smoke it for sure! If that's not enough power, use another amp and send this one to me promptly ?

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

2 hours ago, BigDWiz said:

If that's not enough power, use another amp and send this one to me promptly 1f61c.png

this reminds me of a saying my dad used when i was a kid.  when he ate something first and it was really good he would say "it's not very good.  you probably won't like it."

Archived