Good available tint?

I have huper optik on my car and its been great.  I think it really depends on what your situation with your car is.  If you have a junker you're planning on replacing in the next year or so just buy the cheapest stuff you can find and give it a shot putting it on yourself.  If you plan on keeping the car for a while I highly suggest getting a professional to do it.  Spending $300 with a lifetime warranty is definitely worth it if you're planning on keeping the car for a while.

$300 for a tint ? I've never paid so much for my cars.

You should find a cheaper professional to do it for you.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

$300 for a full car is not to bad, prices depend on the vehicles a lot of time and the ease of the job or how many windows.
When you start talking higher grade films they will cost more like your metallized, carbon, ceramics, and hybrids of those films.
The new thing for the past few years now in higher end shops is machine cut tint that is vehicle specific, so no more worries of a olfa knife cutting into your paint or a window gasket.

These shops that are incorporating new technology will usually charge more for the tint job due to an expensive machine they have to pay off.

Where as you can have a complete car done with cheap died film for $150.

As for getting sample rolls usually all you had to do is call or email a tint manufacture and tell them your using x brand film now and are looking to bring in a higher quality line to offer or replace the brand all together.
Like I said before your most likely going to need a Tax ID/EIN number and some other business information so they know you are legit.

Not sure how many companies will still do this, but that is how I got the Madico at the old shop, wasnt even asking for freebies, just had a customer that wanted that brand film and no one local offered it.

20130727_192544_zpsd15fa623.jpg

Suntek or 3M only... I have no idea what brand my current tint is but these are the brands I go with next time.. and decent tint job may cost you up to $600

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Ohio here hell with there laws.  5%on whole vehicle except front. Police have set in Jeep here to listen to sq system and have said nothing about tint.  All about the vehicle also.  

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

That Suntek is some of the nicest Tint ive used. I have Carbon 18 on my front 2 windows for 3 years and no issues so far.
Ive been though several brands (mostly the cheapy sets) leaning how to do it my own just because it doesn't hurt to learn if you are motivated

Its a ton of work with a lot of variables. If you find the right price with quality products and lifetime warranty, just have a professional do it. 

Cost should not be the factor used in deciding whether to get window tint done unless they are charging far above the going local rate. Most reputable shops spend a lot of time prepping the windows to make damn certain there is nothing on the window to compromise the bond between the glass and material causing bubbles that force them to have to redo the job. $300 for a car isn't all that bad, here i think it is pretty close that price with 5 windows and windshield on my car and the windshield i think was $125 or $150 alone.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

RVinyl on Amazon has computer to cut tint for any vehicle have them cut the cheapest tint then use that as your pattern for the expensive tint. Cheapest is usually 39.00 for whole vehicle including back window.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

12 hours ago, s5300 said:

I'm looking at the only place I'd go right now - and according to ohio tint laws - 70% brow, 50% front windows, back windows/rear windshield doesn't matter - 

Every build he's been posting is illegal. 

https://www.facebook.com/JenkinsAutoGlass/?fref=ts

Am I being dumb? 

It's not illegal for him to install it, it's illegal for you to drive around with it on your car, so basically it's not their problem, they don't care if you get ticketed.

Every car I've had tinted has been 5% all the way around, i have never received a single ticket.

I don't do the brow strip's anymore, I don't like the way they look.

I'm planning on getting my whole windshield done soon, won't be 5% though, maybe somewhere around 50% - %70, just enough to cut down on the blinding glare from oncoming traffic.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived