Rear 6.5" Speakers muffled ass sound be GONE!

moh.vze.com

Why have a soundstage on the rear deck? Put soundstage on the front dash,a pillars, doors,kicks anywhere but back deck.  Dont say it is rearfill it isnt fill at all.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

I put the speaker tweaker under my rear speakers and it seems to have reduced the distortion a little. It kinda made the rear now sound as loud (distorted). I haven't glued it down yet. I might rotate the baffle 180 degrees and have the tweeter towards the outside so that the midbass can be directly over the Speaker Tweaker.

second-skin-speaker-tweaker-1.jpg

second-skin-speaker-tweaker-2.jpg

Here's a video of what it sounds like with just the rear speakers on for inside the cabin. I changed the volume up and down during the video recording to see how it sounds at low volume and such.

Here's what it sounds like outside of the car with all windows and doors closed. Only rear speakers are playing tuned at 125 Hz.

Overrall, I think it's sounding pretty good :) Not as good as my Front Doors though. I still have to gluedown the baffle and screw down the speaker onto the baffle.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

You just gotta dive in head first and start glassing. It's gonna take a couple tries at first to get it right, but it's worth it. Build the front stage and lose the rear deck like has been said. It's worth it, and there's nothing better than looking at something and saying "I built that", right? There's a lot of great tutorial videos on custom door pods that you can use for reference, and you may even be able to find someone thats done it for the same vehicle. I say give it a shot.

15 minutes ago, 06RTCharger said:

Can u post when u mount those tweeker things, i dont know what those are used for or how theyre used. 

You place them directly behind the speaker and it deflects the rear wave outward rather than letting it bounce off of the surface behind it and return to the speaker. There's a good description of what they do on Second Skin's site. It's also a part of the F.A.S.T. Rings by Mobile Solutions, but I believe their's absorbs the backwave rather than deflects it in a different direction.

2 minutes ago, reedal said:

You place them directly behind the speaker and it deflects the rear wave outward rather than letting it bounce off of the surface behind it and return to the speaker. There's a good description of what they do on Second Skin's site. It's also a part of the F.A.S.T. Rings by Mobile Solutions, but I believe their's absorbs the backwave rather than deflects it in a different direction.

Yah those fast rings is what i thought it was like but with a slinky-like enclosure lol. But its not attached to the speaker huh? U just lay it behind the speaker. Intresting. I tried looking for a description before, probably didnt look in the right place. Thanks for answering tho man.

No problem. Yes, behind the speakers, attached to the door skin (in door applications). The only way you'd be able to mount the speaker tweakers to the speakers would be with an adhesive, as the mounting adhesive of the tweakers is on the opposite site from the side that is supposed to deflect the backwave

1 minute ago, 06RTCharger said:

Yah those fast rings is what i thought it was like but with a slinky-like enclosure lol. But its not attached to the speaker huh? U just lay it behind the speaker. Intresting. I tried looking for a description before, probably didnt look in the right place. Thanks for answering tho man.

So I've tested with tweeters outside vs inside and it's better sounding with two tweeters towards the center breaklight.

Here's another video of rear deck with Vietnamese music:

I've superglued the Speaker Tweaker to my box for this setup under the rear speakers.

Here's Psyph Morrison

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Archived