D4 or D2 1ohm or 2ohm sound quality??

Michael Dean

I know I can get most power out at 1ohm. But the output of the 1500bdcp from 2ohm to 1ohm is only a few hundred watts. Would it be worth it in efficantcy and sq to run @2ohm?? Also any big difference in T010 and T110? Should I spend the extra 50$ per sub for the T1? 64%@1 74%@2. 1550watts vs 1780watts dynamic power. Is there any sound quality difference in one or the other?

With that amp go 1 ohm. That amp is not a SQ amp at all. They sound fine and all (I use one for my subs) but if you are worried about the SQ difference between 1 and 2 ohm then you wouldn't be using that amp anyway.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

My Sound Quality ride was set up with Class A/B amplifier power seeing an 8 ohm load. Just Saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Usually amps that put out their power at a higher impedance rating have a higher damping factor - the ability to stop the cone from moving under it's own inertia

I used to have an amp with with a really high damping factor. You could power the amp up, push on the cone, and feel it. It was freaking weird. Anyways that's beside the point. You're going to need to do way more with that build to notice it than a class bd amp. Look into some of the new d'amore engineering stuff.

I don't think he needs to upgrade at all, it's a great amp! IMO if he's worried about the SQ difference between 1ohm and 2ohms then he is using the wrong amp to start with. Class D and constant power are not exactly synonymous with SQ. Again, they are great amps and really do sound good. I have been using one for almost 5 years now, they just aren't SQ amps.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

• 9 months later...

Does not matter, like at all. You can play 0,5 ohm SQ setups, if you're having the power and you're tuning it well nothing's up.

When you drop impedance, there's 0 to nil difference in sound, ofcourse efficiëncy drops.

The thing about A/B mentioned earlier is indeed smart, that does make a huge difference. A/B sounds much cleaner, BUT. If you're running a lot of power through

an A/B class you're going to have to be careful. Furthermore, it's mostly about box tuning, damping the vehicle, tuning your amp and your entire system and so on.

Archived