Second Skin Audio

Toyota Sequoia Wall Build

Sequoia_Bass

Well i've gotten alot of the box done, just threw some paint on to see how it would look. not sure what color i'll actually do. I ordered the 4th sub and 3 new gaskets (lost my old ones) Next step is special ordering sono tube from home depot since then only stock 12 inch. I know i built this box outside of car. but i'll be using fiberglass and resin  to seal it off. Friday i'm going to hopefully order the last 2 AB ph4000s. still not sure i i'll be running 4 seperate amp kits or using bus bars for power distributor and then run seperate grounds. Progress is slow but it's coming along!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am currently stuck on the project, i'm going to use slot port instead of aero because my local stores do not carry anything above 12 inch. And it's very expensive to have it shipped. I'm deciding on a 10incb wide x 24 inch high port. that gives me 240Sq port area.  currently my box is 19.2 cubic feet with subs and braces only thing left is port. is it possible for me to have the port far enough into my box (leaving rest of port outside of box) to reduce my box to exactly 18 cubic feet? And if that works, andmy box is 18 cubic feet how long does my 10x24 inch port need to be to tune it to 32hz! i've tried different calculators but they all give me differen numbers so it would be much appreciated if someone helped me. 

1 hour ago, Sequoia_Bass said:

I have port done! Will be trying to get box into car tomorrow!

Lets see some pics!

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Got 3 subs mounted, got amps mounted and port mounted. My wiring terminals are too close together and are shorting out. even though my actually wire terminals have heatshrink, i'm going to mount a peice of wood and redo terminals. might try to just loosen bolts and rearange wires, not sure yet. But the build is prgressing

Re did terminals, subs are wired perfect to terms, amps still having problems, found out i have signal issues, not sure if my rca's have broken during the process of getting box in, or my headunit is acting up, or if amps are acting up. I wired subs to house amp and they played perfectly, will update you guys on this issue. *P.S ordered 3rd amp! and will be ordering 4th and last one this weekend!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 4:54 PM, Smurfboy said:

Nice! I have a HHR Chevy and I've thought about building a wall, similar to yours! I love how everything is covered in all black, lol. Hope you enjoy new system. 

You should do the wall! And i painted it black just cause it looked better then plain wood, still not sure on final colors, i'm thinking chalkboard paint in the front so people can leave a instsgram tag or sc or youtube tag or just sign their name, idk i thought it would be unique. and then have normal paint on the other sides.

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_4421_zpsdqcetua4.pngWell it's been along time since i've updated yall, Sub wiring is mounted not plugged into amps yet. sealing off wall, Tonight i just bought the 4/0 power and ground wiring. I should be on half power within 2 weeks(full power once i get dul alternator setup)

Archived