Second Skin Audio

How much can a Rockford T0 10d2 really handle??

Michael Dean

its got the same parts as the t1 minus the copper cooling plate on top of the magnets. id give them up to 800 clean power but keep a good nose out for them smelling. heating is more so the issue with them imo.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

2 hours ago, alaskanzx5 said:

its got the same parts as the t1 minus the copper cooling plate on top of the magnets. id give them up to 800 clean power but keep a good nose out for them smelling. heating is more so the issue with them imo.

Thanks for the info, just trying to see what I can give them with out full distruction. 

44 minutes ago, snafu said:

My fiance's son had a T0 12" last for about a year with a bridged HiFonics Series VII Zeus on it before it failed.  That's about 9 months longer than I thought it would last.

What ohm were you running? The hifonics is not known for clean sound that's for sure. How did you set the gains for the sub?

9 hours ago, Michael Dean said:

What ohm were you running? The hifonics is not known for clean sound that's for sure. How did you set the gains for the sub?

4 Ohms mono.  The Zeus is rated for 900 watts RMS into 4 Ohms mono, but typically makes a scant more.  Set the gain with a DD-1 of course . . . 

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

1 hour ago, snafu said:

4 Ohms mono.  The Zeus is rated for 900 watts RMS into 4 Ohms mono, but typically makes a scant more.  Set the gain with a DD-1 of course . . . 

Wow that is odd. But that is over rated power of the sub so if I keep it close to rms and not pound the hell out of them I should be good.

You have to ask yourself how long do you want to run the sub. I have contacted RF before to ask about there subs and speakers. Basically They underrate there amps but are spot on on rms and peak wattage of there speakers. And since music is recorded differently, distortion levels may vary. Over powering your subs can be dangerous, shortening there life. I own a T1D412 running it off a 1999 RF Power 10001a at 1 ohm so it getting close to 1K and does well but i dont full tilt and on this system its in.

Long story short run it how you want, but if you value it stay close to rms and enjoy. Not enough output for you add more subs, move up the T-line series subs. 

I would say about 550 W.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived