Sonic Electronix

Recommend good underseat subs?

For my wife's car. She can't/won't sacrifice any space so figured might get a couple for the front seats. There's a lot out there from Infiniti's Basslink to Cerwin Vega's vpas10. Would prefer 10's if they'll fit with the most output...any recommends? I know the Cerwin's has 200 watts and is 10 inch. I haven't noticed any with more power than that...if they even put that much out.

Not sure what to expect from these kind of subs but since her car has no bass whatsoever, anything is an improvement.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2017 at 3:31 PM, ckeeler11 said:

what car? How much room do you have? I'm not a fan of the powered slim subs. 

Well I know they aren't going to do much but we're talking about a basic system with Memphis coaxials for crying out loud. There is like no mid bass hardly let alone anything else. So a little mid bass would be helpful. It's a Honda, there's enough room for most of the under seat subs I have looked at. I just don't want a junky one obviously. Something that would be considered as good as an underseat sub could possibly get.

So far the Rockville 10 inch which has 200 watts CEA seems interesting but again I have no experience with these. I just don't want it to sound worse with some washed out overly boomy mid bass. Now I would buy some better front speakers or mount some 6x9 subs under rear deck and amp them but she's only going to have this car for about another year so I don't see it being worth that much bother, she just doesn't want to lose any space in the trunk cause she hauls the granddaughter's stroller in it and stuff like that.

On 2/10/2017 at 5:47 PM, omnibus said:

There is like no mid bass hardly let alone anything else. So a little mid bass would be helpful.

If you need midbass look at deadening and sealing the doors. Midbass frequencies are higher than what the sub will be playing.

ON TOPIC... Looks like tons of good reviews on the Rockville Sub for the price. Lots of negative reviews for the basslink. Most say under the seat is the worst location for the best output but if that's your only option tune it the best you can knowing output will be on the low side.

Good luck, suck having minimal options to work with. As others have stated might be worth deadening the doors w/ a slight speaker up grade to improve performance. FAST RINGS would be your cheapest upgrade but would take the ability to remove door panels to install. So it is an experience level upgrade. Even though Youtube probably has a good HOW TO VIDEO to get the job done easily.

Let us know what you go with and how it sounds if/when you install one.

Archived