Second Skin Audio

NEO?

THEKINGsBACK

So I'm about to do a rebuild in my maxima, and I was looking at all options.

1 aspect I know is they the are going to be 2-(12s) coming from FI audio. 

But my main thought is what's the big crazy over neo! And can it help me in my build. 

What benefits do I get from using them! 

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Do you feel like it's worth the extra money? 

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

17 minutes ago, THEKINGsBACK said:

Do you feel like it's worth the extra money? 

For almost every build, no.. not at all. 

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

why do you feel that way @hdorre. What makes you say that? 

1 minute ago, THEKINGsBACK said:

why do you feel that way @hdorre. What makes you say that? 

two of the top benefits are weight and strength.

some of the heaviest common ferrite motors weigh around 50lbs, whereas neo motors weigh nearly 30-40lbs... sooooo a 10lb difference. even if you have 8, 10, or 12 subs; that is a negligible difference. 

next is strength. many builds simply wouldnt noticeably benefit from the strength, if they could even use the strength. 

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

So if Neo is a stronger magnet? How would people not gain from using that? I'm just being quizitive but I don't really understand it. 

the Fi neo subs really arent that out there when it comes to price imo. there pretty much in line with ferrite subs. advantages are less weight, obviously stated a bunch. and as for the neo magnet itself being a stronger magnet, yes that true, but its all has to do with how much magnet is being used. in Ferrite motors the whole slug is the magnet, in neo motors, theres only neo on the top of each pillar, maybe .5" thick, so the amount of neo being used is way less. if you had a neo motor with as much neo as in a ferrite motor, it would cost thousands of dollars. and have no benefit since you cant saturate the pole past a certain point.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Really the prices of some of the neo subs brought to market recently is pretty reasonable compared to past prices. The FI and DSS Neo subs are pretty cheap compared to the DC Neo, DD Z Sundown Neo etc. As people have stated neo subs generally have higher motor force, less weight and better cooling. Negatives of neo include the fact that the magnets cannot handle as much heat and are fragile, cost, neo subs usually suffer more rise than ferrite subs as well. However I am going to be using neo in my current build, assembled the motors myself. 

20170115_203435_zpsd2zwbt5v.jpg

Archived