Please help me pick some good router bits.

Jessica

I use almost exclusively whiteside bits. Only bit I don't use is my 1/4 flush trim from Yonico. 10 bucks cheaper and lasts the same amount of time.  I go through these one all the time.  

Joey @12vTools is a great resource for bits 

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Avoid 1/4 shank to much bit chatter and wobble.  Use 1/2 shank for smooth wobble free cuts.  I use Forrest City and Amana,CMT for my bits.  You will find that all these car audio fabrication sites will charge outrageous prices for there shitty bits.  Avoid Harbor Freight there carbide is junk very poor quality and very brittle.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Try find 3/4" round over so you can easily do MDF/Birch

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I love my UCC bit from 12v tools. Cheaper than other spiral bits from box stores and more aggressive....can't say anything about the other bits, but people seem to like them. Also, home depot sells a Husky portable work table with a router plate built in. Didn't fit my craftsman router, so I just made a new plate that fits the space. 

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

7 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

Sorry lol kind of thread jackin. I still need bits, table and lift. I was just going to buy a cheap wood table at a thriftstore and cut out the hole for a lift. What type of lift do u have? Or is it all part of ur table?

i just have a portercable router table and router. actually, ive never used it. lol

what the fuck, this just showed up. How in the hell, its scheduled for the 7th.

When i opened it the saw ws dusty and the packaging was jacked. Description said new, it works. guess i'll see.

26AxH8u.jpg

3gcPTw5.jpg

Archived