Please help me pick some good router bits.

Jessica

So i'm finally pulling the trigger on a plunge router. Now i need some good bits. I will probably buy Ala Carte' for now. I would prefer to get them through amazon but will go elsewhere if needed. Im not looking for one of those harbor friggate 84 bits collection that are $15. 

I am willing to spend $20-$40 per bit for about 5 or 6 bits, like a 1/4"  and 1/2", 1/4" and 1/2" flush trim, a couple of roundovers and maybe something else. 

they can be 1/4" or 1/2" shank.

thanks in advance.

hows the durability, those look like the same ones they sell at home depot that get dull after like 3 cuts. Not trying to sound like an ass.

Ive tried diablo's from farm and home and have good luck but they are kinda hard to find other then direct or through a farm and home store.

Tuned in. Also looking for bits.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Freud are good bits, I'm sure you will be happy. 

I've mostly been buying Whiteside bits, also available through Amazon.  I've had very good luck with them and they are a noticeable improvement over more budget brands (like MLCS, which I had been using).  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Excellent choices, sir.

Diablo is owned by or a brand of Freud Tools.

Either way, that flush trim bit, the mortising bit, and the roundovers are also in my collection.  Love me a big ass roundover.

FYI: My friend has a full size Makita, and the plunge base will not allow a larger roundover than 3/4".  I bought a 1" and 1.5" roundover from Amazon (Uxcell Tool, cheapie), and they will not fit without getting a different base or modifying the stock one.  Make sure to post some router WERK pics!

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived