Second Skin Audio

box design / sketchup help

i am in need of someone with sketch up to help me out.  my computer is a poop box.  if i down load it i will likely crash my computer.  yes it's time for a new one i know.  i am more of a paper and pencil math and drawing guy.

i have a rather difficult design i am having trouble calculating the airspace of.  i have some general measurements that will narrow down some of the details.  i need to figure out a triple kerf scenario.  that is well with out hacking up 8 sheets of mdf on r&d i would like to see it in a drawing.  i can calc kerfs to cut them correctly.  i can calc volume of circles.  this design i have in my head is just outside my capacity.  any help would be great.

i'm building an in floor sub box.  that will be completely stealth when done.  the inside area that is the upper portion i need to figure out for roughly .85-.9 cu.ft.  so if all the walls are 3/4" mdf and you use the curves noted in the drawing.  what length or spacing would the red lines need to be to achieve the airspace needed.  if the box was 3" internal and if the box was 3.75" internal height.  so two variations.  i'm using a JL TW5 shallow 13.5 sub.  it's mounting depth is only 2.6".  the lower portion of the drawing is where the amps and processor will be mounted.  so i just need to know the variable of 3" and 3.75" to determine my final lay out.

i hope that helps.

Archived