Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

shepherd92683

I have a current front stage of a pair of Boston Pro 60SE 6.5's. 2 of the mods have blown and as we all know they are irreplaceable. I am thinking of running a Neo Pro on each side up front to replace the blown Boston's (Boston 4100 runs the mids and hi's). Here's the questions, would it be ok or even sound good to mix comp's and PA together? Also if I did it, should I use my Boston xover on the Sundowns or runs them straight off the amp? 

2017 Honda Accord Touring 

Build coming soon

You might be better off buying a new component set.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

On 2/7/2017 at 3:02 AM, 06RTCharger said:

Do you know how they blew? It would suck if u bought new shit and blew them too. 

I believe it was pushing them at the upper power curve consistently for years. 

I also thought maybe just getting the midrange driver would be best since I have the tweet and xover for it already. 

2017 Honda Accord Touring 

Build coming soon

Oh just old age and hard usage. Normally the passive xover that comes with a comp set is set up specifically for those exact speakers. So if i were to put a completly different speaker on it, you could potentially damage ur new speaker, or get poor quality out of the speaker because the new speaker is being limited too much. Basically just get new comps or try active lol. Its ur stuff tho, if u wanna try it out then try it. Just be smart and safe about it. 

Archived