Help with HU mount/Tablet mount

Kraken

1 hour ago, reedal said:

You may be able to use the one that makes it fit in the OE spot, or you may need to get creative and fab your own using pieces of ABS and some plastic welder epoxy. If that's the case, it'd be best to mock it up with cardboard and tape first to know what you'd need to do first, before you start cutting any ABS.

instead of going through the trouble of trying to relocate your HU, why not just fab the dash to hold the tablet, but make the tablet holder have an open back so you can leave your HU in its current spot. That seems like it would be much easier to me.

Now that you say that, I guess it would be nice, I just want it to be a clean setup...

This is what im working with

7 hours ago, reedal said:

Take a picture of your dash for us to eyeball possible locations. Also, what vehicle are you working with. You didn't mention it. 

Heres a pic of the same interior, not my truck though. I do have an alpine HU though in place of the factory one

56233873.jpg

Alpine cde143bt/ Alpine ktp445u (4x45 amp)

2 Crescendo STS 1 (on alpine 4x45 on 2 channel mode)

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5's in front doors (Skar RP150.4)

1 Sundown zv3 12, SAE1500D.

Box is 2.5 cubes tuned to 30hz.

Will you need to relocate your AC controls? If not, I think an opened back template to hold your tablet in front of the HU would be the easiest.

4 hours ago, reedal said:

Will you need to relocate your AC controls? If not, I think an opened back template to hold your tablet in front of the HU would be the easiest.

Id like to keep both if possible open. Im thinking about doing the tablet down by the cassette player instead of relocating the HU. Any thoughts on putting it there?

4 minutes ago, Kraken said:

Id like to keep both if possible open. Im thinking about doing the tablet down by the cassette player instead of relocating the HU. Any thoughts on putting it there?

Is your tablet bigger than the opening for your HU? If it overlaps the AC controls, you'd need to either relocate them or change location of the tablet mount. 

You could put the tablet mount wherever you want. You just have to be willing to do the fabrication needed to put it there.

3 minutes ago, reedal said:

Is your tablet bigger than the opening for your HU? If it overlaps the AC controls, you'd need to either relocate them or change location of the tablet mount. 

You could put the tablet mount wherever you want. You just have to be willing to do the fabrication needed to put it there.

It would fit in the same spot as the HU with about 1/4 inch cutting above it. nothing will need to change with the ac controls. If i was to put it there, i was looking on some insight as to where I could relocate the HU. If it would be real hard to mount it somewhere else, I would need somewhere different to mount the tablet.

• 3 weeks later...

Just do what this guy did ?

I just used my tabled in place of the head unit and connect that to an EQ to my amps (attached pics are from a Silverado and one is from my Pathfinder)

0705dp_07_z+2002_chevy_silverado_2500hd+steering_interior.jpg

20160401_111811.jpg

Old Setup: Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS                                                                                   New Setup: DELL 8" tablet integrated into dashboard

Soundstream TRX700D (oldskool Tarantula)                                                                        Sound Storm Laboratories SQ4

Soundstream TX4.560 (oldskool Tarantula)                                                                          Massive Audio NX5

4x Soundstream SST6.5 (oldskool Tarantula)                                                                        4x Polk Audio Db6501

1x Soundstream T5-12 (oldskool Tarantula) in ported enclosure                                             2x Skar Audio VVX-8v3 (debating dual ported or dual T-Line)

(currently dual ported)

Archived