02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Build (AKA Project Silent Night) Mechman, Neo Slow

Ok so a small update nothing is really going to get done until I get my welder (estimated Wednesday) and the rest of my tools (estimated Monday). Probably get the steel Monday or Tuesday I think I figured out how to make the top work but we shall see. My saw came in today it's more impressive than I thought it would be, 45 pounds of beef Milwaukee tools are usually pretty nice though in my experience. Also my girlfriend and I exchanged valentines day gifts too and she got me a couple small things for my build that I asked for and a book as I enjoy reading. 20' KNU Krystal 2 channel RCA's and a PAC-80 to use with my external regulator. So I'll just have to buy the Krystal 4 Channel RCA's at some point.

20170210_145917_zpssdcfqlhf.jpg

20170210_151425_zpsuk4rs5yn.jpg

Awesome work man! Tuned in, some day I will build a wall too.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

On 2/9/2017 at 7:19 PM, nkrell11 said:

Man you're everywhere, this must be your least visited forum.

hehe...I don't get out much in the outside world....too cold here. But, yeah I recently joined here not too long ago.

The least visited forum is another forum which I haven't been to in months. I have like 4-5 forums I visit. CACO is just absolutely dead.

On 2/11/2017 at 1:25 PM, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Awesome work man! Tuned in, some day I will build a wall too.

Thanks, this is the first vehicle I've owned that I'd have considered walling. It wouldn't be worth it in a car in my opinion.

On 2/12/2017 at 9:36 AM, boomintahoe said:

hehe...I don't get out much in the outside world....too cold here. But, yeah I recently joined here not too long ago.

The least visited forum is another forum which I haven't been to in months. I have like 4-5 forums I visit. CACO is just absolutely dead.

Yeah winter boredom kind of drove me here they're all pretty slow. Facebook is pretty busy but it's also full of idiots and people with poor grammar.

Updates everything has arrived but my welder. My girlfriend helped my put my welding cart today, I try and get her to help me when I can so she gains interest and enjoys this stuff too. I told her I'd teach her to weld eventually. I went and paid for the steel for the build today it was a little over $500 for roughly 600 pounds I had them cut everything in half so I'll take my truck and pick it up tomorrow.

Steel:

(12) 24' 2x1 14 Gauge

(3) 20' 2x2 1/8 Angle Iron

(1) 20' 2.5x1/4 Flat Bar

So I will try and get some of it cut by the time my welder shows up, I think my dad is going to grab me a bottle of 75/25 from work to start with. Additionally I've never been a big fan of putting a ton of stickers on my vehicles (it's like a rob me sign in my opinion) however I was willing to put some extra stickers on my cart. I also got a call back on a job that I applied for so they're sending me an offer in the mail. Which means my time is going to be pretty limited soon if I take the job as it's a traveling job.

20170213_140149_zpsplby6s7c.jpg

20170213_153325_zps1snkqvbv.jpg

20170213_153342_zpsc1kak3x3.jpg

20170213_153728_zpsr56cppph.jpg

On 2/9/2017 at 6:46 PM, nkrell11 said:

Alright small update I was messing around with sketchup trying to determine how much material I was going to need. If I build it just like this I will need 245 feet of steel which is if I make the front exactly like the back which I won't. I thought I was thinking it would be closer to 400 feet. The final product may not look exactly like this the top is going to be a problem but I'm sure I can figure it out.

Also I decided on a welder and ended up going with a Miller 211 after rebate it will only costing me about $125 more than the hobart. Plus the miller features infinite voltage control, is lighter and has autoset which might be a cool feature.

Cage%20Sketchup_zps3zbdoiou.jpg

Your car is about to be HEAVY, lol. Dang, lots and lots of bracing, must be why you called it silent night

Others: "Bro, check out the flex on this car."

You: "Heh, flex is for the noobs."

Love the work on the custom subs. I have always been interested in seeing subs being built, but you are the first one I have seen do it.

So I emailed PSI about a quote for some recones for my motors and it has me kind of at a loss for what to do. This is what PSI said, "These incredibly high power Neo motors will create subwoofers with very low Qts numbers, more suitable for a ported or 6th order enclosure. There's nothing that we can do this going to specifically make these subwoofers the incredible in a 4th order enclosure. They are going to have a very narrow bandwidth for musical use." So I think 18's are out as there isn't room to do them flat wall which I don't really want anyhow. Looking at a series 6th for 4 15's or selling the motors and finding something for a 4th I don't know still going to build the shell and have that out of the way.

In other news my welder came a day early and I picked up the steel for the cage today. It wasn't very fun unloading 600 pounds of steel by myself but I managed. Welder is just sitting on the cart hoping to have gas by Thursday and have everything welded by the weekend depending on the weather.

20170214_154613_zpst7s5dr84.jpg

20170214_134113_zpsb55ynpbk.jpg

Whether or not you use the motors... you still made some badass motors.

Really looking forward to seeing this cage!

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Well I've been slowly plugging away at this, doing the work by myself makes it pretty slow. These are the sides, most of the floor and the top they aren't done but it's just a teaser. Went and picked up some subs today 6 15's is all I'm going to say for now lol. Hopefully I can get this wrapped up in the next couple days as far as all the welding goes. More pictures to come, if anyone wants some neo motors they're for sale on Facebook.

20170218_203029_zpsg4urcan8.jpg

Well I made more progress today cut 103 short pieces to make the grids for the sides top and floor pieces. I tacked all of them in place, put down enough tack welds to sunburn my face :( So I have to finish welding all that I have so far tomorrow then grind the sides that the wood sits on. It's painfully tedious work. Then once I get all this in I have to do 45's to connect the two sections of floor. The back of the cage I'm going to try and build out farther it will have to 45 down from the top and then 90 to the floor we shall see.

20170219_182252_zpslug9clsu.jpg

20170219_182310_zps8igizzjj.jpg

Archived