02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Build (AKA Project Silent Night) Mechman, Neo Slow

2 hours ago, bolanorthhighlands said:

I like how the metal bracing in the loading wall is hidden inside the wood and u can't see it

Thanks I didn't want to mess with air flow and I wanted it to be stronger than necessary. Plus I have extra steel so why not weld some more stuff together. I probably have enough left over to weld up a nice fabrication table or something idk.

2 hours ago, Tribe Called Bass said:

wow....just WOW. I've never been so speechless with the craftsmanship of someone's work...just wow.

Thanks you guys flatter me with all the kind words as there is a lot of nice builds here.

4 hours ago, 2loud4uboyz said:

Yeah BP1Fanatic dude got skills.

Thank you man.

6 hours ago, BP1Fanatic said:

Awesome craftmanship!

I've had a good amount of practice on small projects, I appreciate that it's noticed on a large scale.

• 2 weeks later...

Well flew home today got a couple odds and ends in the mail PAC-LC1 which I thought might be a good idea, Blue Seas bus bars for connecting my relays to that will turn everything on and my Blue Seas OLED volt meter. The volt meter is the most exciting they're way better than the stingers etc and pretty fast I'll post a link to the video. I'm getting to the point where I don't have much to buy (I need 2/0, a fire extinguisher, some fans, different sized alternator belt for whenever I get that part done, fiberglassing materials, some different rear springs to support the weight from the build and that's about it)

Video credit to Jeff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3uEcKTmaGo

20170430_151729_zpslfobeqgh.jpg

Well between rain and social obligations I haven't exactly been an example of productivity. Anyhow small updates I guess I put my volt in what I think is an awesome spot. Took out the cigarette lighter and with a little dremmel work it fits like a glove looks good in my opinion. 

20170501_172326_zpskklosypn.jpg

I really don't even mind the yellow like I thought I would.

20170501_172214_zpslkyapcnh.jpg

I also welded up the braces for the sealed side finally, amazon sent me this gem of a spool but it works alright. The braces are teal because they won't be visible and it was the first can I grabbed. The black pieces will actually be visible.

20170503_102829_zpsu0bpslg9.jpg

20170503_134420_zpsfkrb7yl2.jpg

20170503_142514_zpsqw5w9lt9.jpg

Also got the piece cut and router to cover the seam in the roof, also all the kreg holes have been filled in with wood filler and sanded down. Tonight my girlfriend helped me a little bit and did some staining for me. She likes to stain/paint so I let her help to keep her interested plus a learning experience so it's good. The stain will be the same on the inside wanted to bring out the wood grain I think it will look good.

20170503_170125_zpsxnluxh5r.jpg

20170503_221324_zpsno6ov63n.jpg

20170503_221233_zpswilpfql4.jpg

20170503_224131_zpsialn58hn.jpg

Oh in an unrelated to audio note my new watch came in, other than audio I'm basically into guns and watches. This is an iconic Seiko I'm sure some of you may recognize.

20170503_225302_zpsynsd1zak.jpg

Dude. That stain is clutch as fuck. Gonna look like a parlor with all that stain. You might need some leather-bound books to go with it. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

That is going to look killer with the stain. I could live right there beside the subs. Lol I see a lot more wood grain and stain now days. Seems like carpet is old school. Lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Well I'm  glad you guys like the stain I almost went with paint on the inside after I didn't like the stain that I had originally bought to use. My audio friend pointed me in the direction of this stain. I had bought some of the Minwax water based stain tinted Crimson red but it didn't show the wood grain at all. So today I stained the inside it's not dry in the pictures. I also got the braces put in, I believe they will eliminate the last likely point where the enclosure could flex if it tried to. I have 6 cans of spray lacquer to go on the stain but my friend said I'll be likely to need more. 

One last thing about the stain it seems to be difficult to get a picture that shows it well as it all depends on how the light is hitting it. 

20170504_194018_zps7i9gragr.jpg

20170504_194031_zpsaubm6nz3.jpg

I also made a fuse holder for a local guy but I determined that after cost I won't be making any money on it lol. I also made another RCA box still have to solder it but it will be for sale. I think the random color scheme on it looks good. 

20170504_225442_zpshvybxhmz.jpg

The whole menagerie together. 

20170504_225010_zpszfmx18tw.jpg

Tomorrow I'm hoping to make the last fuse holder I need for myself, get some sound deadener in the doors, working on part one of sealing off the wall and making a brace for someone that's coming over for me to weld it. 

Pure $3X!

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

Well yesterday not much was done really and today nothing got done. This is part of phase 1 for the whole sealing it off thing. The next part of this phase involves some spray foam which I really abhor. If you're thinking to yourself, "man Nick it looks like you have no idea what you're doing" you would be correct kind of made these up as I went along but they're definitely strong. Additionally a guy from a local audio team came over and he took his subs out of his 4th and I welded him a brace for his sealed side, it was tricky as his back wall is at a 50ish degree angle. He put the subs back in and I got a demo.

Both sides aren't identical but they're each made with 2x4s, some 3/4 inch birch for the tight spots and PL Premium of course. I ran out of 2x4's so I didn't get to the bottom. I leave for work Monday so I'm not sure how much more will be getting done between now and then.

Drivers side:
20170505_200909_zpscsssyxeq.jpg
Passenger Side:
20170505_210136_zpskyd6nx7g.jpg
Starting to look like a wall overall, don't worry it won't be this ugly in the end (I hope):
20170505_213108_zpsni46d4ly.jpg

Archived