LP 4.1HVS equivalent

06RTCharger

Is there an equivalent or near equal amp being produced today?? I was lookin at those beastly 4.1HVS amps and also the 8002SW. Theres a couple nice modded ones on ebay i seen. But id like to know if there are any amps that seem to be an SQ equal to those amps, but being made TODAY? I would prefer to buy new, those are 20 years old. 

My idea is trying to find a sub amp to run close to 2.5-3k peak at 8ohm. Or around 1600rms at 8ohm. Class AB. Maybe even 2 separate amps that do half those power. But i believe buying two high quality amps that do half the power i want, would cost more than buying a single amp that has all the power. Trying to stay well under $2k 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello massive current draw, lol.

Buy them used and send them to linear power to be restored, they'll be as good as new, better than new actually.

Whitelightning on here can probably help you out with making that happen.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The only "new" product out today that compares to the Linear Power 4.1hvs is the Linear Power LP2250. 

The Linear Power 4.1hvs is a mono amplifier with a feedback circuit. It is very hard to beat in it's class with power, dynamics, and driver control. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Also, when running "High Voltage" amplifiers instead of "High Current" amplifiers, You're not going to need that much power. 

I've tried explaining this before, but until you actually run the amplifier, test and tune with it, this will be difficult to understand. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

4 hours ago, White Lightning said:

Also, when running "High Voltage" amplifiers instead of "High Current" amplifiers, You're not going to need that much power. 

I've tried explaining this before, but until you actually run the amplifier, test and tune with it, this will be difficult to understand. 

Does that mean those amps would need a14v-16v system?? A 12v system wouldnt be strong enough?

4 hours ago, White Lightning said:

This must have something to do with the amp only having a 60A fuse. And being 75w @8ohm @12.5v. But then mono 4ohm gives u 1250w? I didnt know what to make of that when i seen it, thats a crazy difference lol. I just know they are highly regarded as amazing SQ amps.

You will need ALOT of battery power. 12 volts will be fine.

Archived