Sonic Electronix

How loud have you seen 3 12' subs get?

I am wondering if anyone has personally seen a setup with 3 12" subs of any brand hit really big #'s in SPL . How loud can 3 12's get? I haven't been to a show in years and in 1997 152 db was extreme at local shows. What is loud nowadays? With music or test tones what have you seen? In a wall, SUV or what? I'm pretty sure that times have changed and someone has 3 alternators charging 10 batteries with crazy power on 3 12" subs? I'd like to hear what anyone has seen.

New to the forum, but started IASCA in Az in 1994.... been raising kids and working until lately.

Go to members rides and builds, you will pretty much find the answer for all your questions there. As far as how loud 3 12s would get, I've seen 2 8" subs do over 160 and 4 18" subs only do 138. You can build your system as loud as your knowledge and fabrication skills allow.

Great non-answer, I was asking anyone who is willing to answer what THEY nave PERSONALLY witnessed. I'm not looking for installation theory here... I've installed before and am 50 years old. What has ANYONE SEEN! 

Smartass answers come from people who troll and pollute the internet because you would not dare say it to anyone's face. What kind of MEMBER are you? Are you representative of this community? Anyone answer.   ?

you lose all credibility the moment you pull the "say it to my face" stunt.  

If you really were involved as much as you say i would imagine you've had plenty of hands on experience and would also know there are a ton of other factors that play into how loud X sub or subs can get.

Also, his pointing you to the members rides and builds is hardly a non answer, theyre builds that people here have done and have lengthy information about more often than not with scores being posted as they build and test, but given your answers it leads me to believe you have yet to go look and just want to pick fights on the interwebz.

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine.

Why is everybody being a dick to this guy? Like, the fuck guys. 

I suggest looking around at any build logs that feature 3 12's, aside from that I know nothing. But shit, the dude asked a pretty simple question in a normal ass way. Maybe it should be in the junk drawer, but there's a lot of other bullshit that belongs there and isn't. 

Look, I'm not here to start a fight . How about posting a link to a build , sharing an experience maybe being civil? I still have not got an answer to my question.  Respond with something just say pound sand, whatever.... If no one can answer the question.... so be it!   ?

I know...."epiphany"  this must be some initiation, trial by fire or some other fucked-up idea of someone's "Let's get the new guy!" Yes, I've stayed current with equipment. No, I don't know what loud is anymore as I am at 150 db  on only $ 1000 total and I am just tryin' to find out what 3 12's are capable of ... Just startin' a subject, not lookin for drama. 

3 subs is sorta on the rare side isnt it? Im a noob, never even been to a show/competition. But i dont see "3" subs very often, usually its 1 sub or 2 or 4. Am i right in thinking this? Three subs are not as common as 1/2/4 subs? If so, is it because wiring it down would get weird? Just wonderin, General conversation here lol.

Archived