Second Skin Audio

Sundown X8 V2 : Anyone used them?

ModestDb

Hey guys,

I've been looking at the Sundown X8 V2 for a few days now. I don't really need more subwoofers but...who can resist that beasty little monster? Every since I got my American Bass VFL 8" subs and saw people's reactions to them, I've fell in love with using predominantly 8 inch subs. I like trying them out and seeing how they all sound. I was actually about to pull the trigger on a set of PSI 8 inch subs until this Sundown sub caught my eye.

This isn't a vs. thread, I'm just looking for some reviews from anyone who has ran, or does run the Sundown X8 V2 subs. I'd be running these with a VFL 2680.1D amp, a secondary XS D1200 battery and stinger isolator. They'd be in a ported box at 32hz. Can anyone tell me if these subs sound as mean as they look? What can I expect? Would the 2680.1D be enough power for them, or will they want more? I see they're rated for 750rms each and the VFL 2680.1D is supposed to provide 1300 RMS. I think that's a pretty close match, right? Any information is greatly appreciated. I'm not looking for anyone to bash all the other 8 inch subs, I just want to know specifically about the Sundown. Feel free to PM if you prefer. Thanks!

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

• 2 weeks later...

i helped a member here a few years back do a 4th order with 4 of the v1's in a civic coupe.  took up the entire trunk.  powered them on an amprere audio 3500.  did low 50's on music.  want to say it did a 54 on burp.  it was brutal.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/neumanaudio/photos/?tab=album&album_id=693118177425400

• 3 months later...
On 5/27/2017 at 11:56 AM, Izzy said:

Do any of you know what dimensions of encloser i would require to play this woofer? Want to get get the box to 34Hz.

Sundown told me .5 - .75 cu ft of net volume per sub, do not exceed .75 cu ft.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Just meet up with a friend of mine running a pair in a tapped horned box or something like that. Only on ampere 1000d sounded damn good for the amount of power! Your going to need a bigger amp. That American Bass VFL 2680.1D is only a 600 watt amp at best.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback