Second Skin Audio

Is there a box designer in the house, please?

ModestDb

27 minutes ago, 06RTCharger said:

I noticed you didnt include that Triangle port air guide thing into ur build, dont need it? 

It was in the initial mock up drawing but the final blueprint excluded it.

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

1 hour ago, 06RTCharger said:

Cool, so they arent necessary. 

Apparently not. It was probably the first thing I noticed when Mark from CAF sent over the PDF, all 14 pages of it! haha.

I'm uploading a nice video to youtube right now. I'll post it soon as it's finished. Pretty much kind of a build log slide show with music, followed by some of the initial footage of them playing.

I'm running an American Bass VFL 2680.1 amp right now at .5 ohm and it's doing a great job under the circumstances but it really doesn't like .5 ohm (I knew ahead of time it probably wouldn't) I've sent it into protect twice already without running into a voltage drop but I've since discovered a threshold where I'm safe to play it at. Therefor I think I'll upgrade to either an American Bass VFL 120.1 or a Sundown SCV2000 asap. I'm debating.

50 minutes ago, 06RTCharger said:

Lol yah thats the first thing i noticed when u posted ur built box. Im really new to this but i was thinking to my self "wouldnt the ports potentially be firing into eachother....?"

A lot of people offline have asked the same thing. I'm trusting the designer considered all this. He would know better than me for sure. He included 45 degree cuts for the box corners, which all the first picture showed, (aside from the corner 45's) was two of 45's wedged together at the center of the port. So I don't think it's something he forgot to add...but something he actually decided to subtract. He sends via email the printable PDF blueprints of the subwoofer enclosure, the Air Speed Velocity Graph, a Project Rendering of the enclosure and the TFM graph. The air flow of the port has definitely been factored in. The guy really exceeded my expectations for this box.

1 hour ago, ModestDb said:

A lot of people offline have asked the same thing. I'm trusting the designer considered all this. He would know better than me for sure. He included 45 degree cuts for the box corners, which all the first picture showed, (aside from the corner 45's) was two of 45's wedged together at the center of the port. So I don't think it's something he forgot to add...but something he actually decided to subtract. He sends via email the printable PDF blueprints of the subwoofer enclosure, the Air Speed Velocity Graph, a Project Rendering of the enclosure and the TFM graph. The air flow of the port has definitely been factored in. The guy really exceeded my expectations for this box.

Forsure, id trust mark also, love his vids and meticulous work. 

Just now, 06RTCharger said:

So how did u get the box in there? lol

I had to take the trunk latch off, all the plastic trim around the inner edges of the trunk hole and the carpet that lines the sides of the trunk. More work that I really planned for but...Happy with the results anyway.

Archived