Second Skin Audio

Is there a box designer in the house, please?

ModestDb

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, boomintahoe said:

That sound ok like it is? Trunk cars is one of the hardest vehicles to get loud.  No wait...that doesn't makes sense. I mean as far as box position it's kinda tricky.

Absolutely. I experimented with the last box direction a lot and firing subs and port toward the trunk was the absolute loudest possible configuration. It sounds amazing like this. Subs and port forward sounds like the bass notes are lightweight or something.

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

UPDATE: I'm taking this to have it metered on the Termlab Saturday (48 hours from now). I'm excited to find out what it does. It's freaking loud!

good luck on the meter. you did some nice work on the box. as far as the 45's and such and the triangle in the port, there have been mixed results as far as the meter is concerned. hope it performs as well as you think it does.box design is sometimes more art than science.

4 hours ago, strangeduck said:

good luck on the meter. you did some nice work on the box. as far as the 45's and such and the triangle in the port, there have been mixed results as far as the meter is concerned. hope it performs as well as you think it does.box design is sometimes more art than science.

Hey thanks. I honestly think it's going to meter pretty great. I'm not shooting for any magical number or anything. With my single Memphis Mojo 15" (orange basket) I metered I believe it was 138.? or 139.? not 100% sure but it was one of those...Anyway I definitely feel like I'm going to be louder than that. If I'm not, that's okay with me...it just feels louder and I like it. It could just be loud on some different bass notes than I'm used to hitting, to be honest. Anyway I'm going to meter with my current amp and then I'm throwing a Sundown SCV2000 in and going back to meter again.

Archived