Now what do i do?

Well the computer i was having problems with i just got word from the shop that the MOBO is done for...

i have a few options.

save it and do a new board- asrock 970 extreme3 for $250 total

save it and upgrade the board to asrock 970 extreme4 i think it is. ill find out for sure tho. that would be $300 total even tho the board is only $10 more... ill find out on that.

part out what i can and save it for a new build based on the AMD Ryzen Chip.

if i part it out can someone give me ideas on pricing for 

FX8350 black edition

Corsair H80i gt

xigmatek asgard mid tower case

corsair vengence lp ddr3 1866 16gb ram

idk if id be better off selling it as is after wiping it or piece by piece.

just looking for some help here guys. this is not what i wanted to hear at all.

thank you.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... That's a lot of money for a replacement motherboard. Asus's flagship motherboard the crosshair isn't even that much. That shop is over charging you, the cost of a replacement ASRock 970 board is around $50. I see them up at microcenter all of the time, they have a bunch of open box ones for $30.

As for selling PC equipment, it's best to sell by part. If you sell it as a whole, everyone want's a bundle deal and they will low ball the bajesus out of you. It gets annoying real fast. As for prices, the best way to price your used parts is to use eBay. eBay has a "sold listings" option to see what people are getting for their items. Looking at "used" and "sold listings" for "AMD 8370" I found your processor sells for $95 shipped at the absolute lowest and around $150 shipped for the highest within the last month or so. You can do that with all of your equipment... Just keep in mind, if you sell locally, you will want to lower your prices about 13% since you won't have to deal with seller/paypal fees and it will give your local sale a much bigger chance of getting attention.

3 hours ago, RainStryke said:

Wow... That's a lot of money for a replacement motherboard. Asus's flagship motherboard the crosshair isn't even that much. That shop is over charging you, the cost of a replacement ASRock 970 board is around $50. I see them up at microcenter all of the time, they have a bunch of open box ones for $30.

As for selling PC equipment, it's best to sell by part. If you sell it as a whole, everyone want's a bundle deal and they will low ball the bajesus out of you. It gets annoying real fast. As for prices, the best way to price your used parts is to use eBay. eBay has a "sold listings" option to see what people are getting for their items. Looking at "used" and "sold listings" for "AMD 8370" I found your processor sells for $95 shipped at the absolute lowest and around $150 shipped for the highest within the last month or so. You can do that with all of your equipment... Just keep in mind, if you sell locally, you will want to lower your prices about 13% since you won't have to deal with seller/paypal fees and it will give your local sale a much bigger chance of getting attention.

This x1000 .....That's an unbelievably absurd price just for a simple motherboard swap! I do my own stuff but back when I didn't, I never even came across it being that high. I'd also agree with selling your parts 1 by 1 if you have the patience to sit back and watch. Depending how much you have into it, you could take a big hit just selling everything as a whole but yet again the upside to it is that you don't have to deal with it anymore .

Archived