Sonic Electronix

How it going so I'm new to the smd family. But I've always loved car audio. I've never put sound deadener in a car before so was just looking to get some advice on the best sound deadener for your buck. I know second skin pro is one of the best out there. But how about the other name brands like dynamat xtreme? Or are they just over rated. Just would like to know what else is out there. Thanks 

Incase anyone's wondering what I'm running

2000 suburban 1500 Lt

4 jl audio c5 650 

4 jl audio c5 tweeters w/ crossovers

1 jl audio 12w6v3 /ported (of course)

JL audio slash 300/4 mids/highs

JL audio slash 500/1 

sds is another brand ... but literally every car audio accessory company makes their own "version"...

15 minutes ago, JL AUDIO92 said:

How it going so I'm new to the smd family. But I've always loved car audio. I've never put sound deadener in a car before so was just looking to get some advice on the best sound deadener for your buck. I know second skin pro is one of the best out there. But how about the other name brands like dynamat xtreme? Or are they just over rated. Just would like to know what else is out there. Thanks 

Incase anyone's wondering what I'm running

2000 suburban 1500 Lt

4 jl audio c5 650 

4 jl audio c5 tweeters w/ crossovers

1 jl audio 12w6v3 /ported (of course)

JL audio slash 300/4 mids/highs

JL audio slash 500/1 

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I normally just go with Second Skin since it's a company I trust. It's better to do it right the first time then having to redo it a 2nd + 3rd time:
Here's the crappy FatMat and Elemental Designs vse1:
fatmat-eDead-sucks.jpg

fatmat-fail-burn-marks.jpg

Here's Second Skin Damp Pro:
second-skin-audio-30sqft.jpg

second-skin-damp-pro-rear-deck-2.jpg

Here's Second Skin Damp B-Stock Regular (I think):
IMG_0206.JPG

Here's Second Skin Alpha Damp (Discontinued) that I got for free from them (Won from their Facebook contest). It has some minor flaws for my application but still intact in the trunk just fine!:
IMG_0601.JPG

Heck, I even used Second Skin Damp Pro to seal off my subs from the trunk lol (not wised cause I had to rip if apart to take my sub box out. It works good for sealing off the subs from the trunk when you fire subs into the cabin though =_=

second-skin-speaker-tweaker-1.jpg

In conclusion, you won't regret Second Skin Audio Damp Pro.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Second skin is the best deadener I've used. I did use mostly Audio Technix deadener(discontinued) back when I did my suburban the first time. When I added some I got the bulk backs of NVX deadener on sonicelectronix. Sonic's stuff always gets to me in 2 days and it the deadener seemed to work well and was thick enough etc. to where I'd say it was good bang for your buck. 

Since you haven't done deadener yet, make sure you have a wooden roller or something to install it properly so that it stays stuck to the surface.

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

8 minutes ago, zack_e89 said:

Second skin is the best deadener I've used. I did use mostly Audio Technix deadener(discontinued) back when I did my suburban the first time. When I added some I got the bulk backs of NVX deadener on sonicelectronix. Sonic's stuff always gets to me in 2 days and it the deadener seemed to work well and was thick enough etc. to where I'd say it was good bang for your buck. 

Since you haven't done deadener yet, make sure you have a wooden roller or something to install it properly so that it stays stuck to the surface.

I'd also recommend getting a cheap pair of Kevlar Gloves on Amazon so you don't cut yourself :)

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

And a 100 pack of razor blades, second skin will dull a razor blade real quick.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

2 hours ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

And a 100 pack of razor blades, second skin will dull a razor blade real quick.

this! any sound deader worth a dayum will have some decent foil you'll be cutting up

3 Steps to a Quiet Vehicle

Step 1 - Control Vibration and Resonance.

CLD Tiles™ applied to the roof.

CLD Tiles™ Applied to Roof of Dodge Ram Quad Cab

Step 2 - Block Sound with a Decoupled, Dense Barrier

Mass Loaded Vinyl (MLV) and Closed Cell Foam (CCF) on Floor of Pontiac Solstice

Mass Loaded Vinyl (MLV) and Closed Cell Foam (CCF) on Pontiac Solstice Floor

Step 3 - Absorb Middle to High Frequency Sound

Hydrophobic Melamine Foam inside wall of Mercedes Sprinter Cargo Van

Hydrophobic Melamine Foam (HMF) in Sprinter Cargo Van Wall

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived