Second Skin Audio

Ported enclosure assistance for noobie

JB6

New here and looking for some help with a ported box for my type r 12"'s. They can handle 1000w rms for the amp I have the jl 1000/1 nex-d. I have an 05 Tahoe with 48"w 38"l 20"h in the back.  My youngest daughter is special needs so I usually have a fold up stroller in the vehicle and occasionally have her wheelchair as well. We listen to dub, rap, metal mostly but we listen to just about everything. Looking for good bass and not trying to compete, making people mad is just a bonus.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated since I really suck at math and don't have the time or money to figure it out or buy a custom box. Thank you in advance. 

Couple of things I left out. Due to the medical equipment obviously the subs would need to be somewhat protected. They are currently in a sealed box and are loud but just don't give off the right sound for the music we listen to. Except for the math I'm really good at everything else. Again thanks in advance 

You didn't say how many of them you have. 

Also, it will help the enclosure designers if you take your dimensions with the medical equipment and anything else you plan to have in there already there, that way it's accounted for. Don't forget to account for the space your amp takes up if you plan on having it back there as well. 

^Yeah, max dimensions with the equipment would be awesome for the designers. Also, talk to them about down firing to protect them. In a Tahoe, downfiring or upwards facing would be fine*. I say down firing though, so you can potentially put light-ish bags on top of the box I'd need be for your family.

*If I'm wrong, please correct me.

38" w 22" h 20" l on bottom and 16" on top due to the angle of the seat. Those are min measurements with the wheelchair in the open position with the stroller. The amp is located under the driver side rear seat to offer protection and space for the rear. And as for the suggestion for down firing I completely agree with that cause it offers the most protection for the subs.  I have two type r 12d2. I anyone else can think of anything that I may have forgotten to make things easier please let me know. I really appreciate the help. 

Archived